Dmazzaro's 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Damazzaro

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
This is my 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Recently picked up this beauty from West Virginia this week. Stock, low miles (53k), and yellow. Exactly what I was looking for.

20180615_132508.jpg

Looking to soon put some upgrades on it. Been looking at the Rubicon express 3.5" standard coil lift. Might just get an OME lift, idk. I only do offroading every now and then, so I don't need anything super nice. Really excited to start making this thing mine.

Got it for 14.5k. I'm from Michigan so any drive out of state to find a mostly rust free wrangler is worth it.

Crazy! Here in the Pacific Northwest (where there isn't really any rusted vehicles) a clean, low mileage TJ Rubicon goes for at least 20k all day long, and they sell for that fairly easily too.

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
Crazy! Here in the Pacific Northwest (where there isn't really any rusted vehicles) a clean, low mileage TJ Rubicon goes for at least 20k all day long, and they sell for that fairly easily too.

Ya I'm really happy with the deal. The seller mentioned they had a harder time selling it because there was still a lien on the title. I was more than willing to jump through the extra hoops needed to get it for that price. Just needed to speak with the seller and their lender directly and everything worked out well.

Ya I'm really happy with the deal. The seller mentioned they had a harder time selling it because there was still a lien on the title. I was more than willing to jump through the extra hoops needed to get it for that price. Just needed to speak with the seller and their lender directly and everything worked out well.

Oh yeah, liens aren't a big deal as long as you can get in touch with the bank or whoever has a lien on it. I've sold plenty of vehicles that I still had a loan on. All we had to do was go into the bank with the person ho was buying it and they paid off the amount owed, bank sent them the title, and it was as simple as that.

Most people just don't realize it's actually pretty simple to do.

Great buy! I love yellow TJ’s, especially Rubicon’s

Oh yeah, liens aren't a big deal as long as you can get in touch with the bank or whoever has a lien on it. I've sold plenty of vehicles that I still had a loan on. All we had to do was go into the bank with the person ho was buying it and they paid off the amount owed, bank sent them the title, and it was as simple as that.

Most people just don't realize it's actually pretty simple to do.

Ya it was my first time having experience with that stuff and it was much easier than I assumed. Would suggest in the future.

Nice Rubi. As another Guy in Michigan, First time you try taking something about, you'll be glad it came from Virginia!
Great buy! I love yellow TJ’s, especially Rubicon’s

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Chris
Just wanted to share a little MPG update. Mainly because I haven't done any real projects and I wanted to at least share something. Really a meaningless update but I've gotten very good at hypermiling the Jeep.

Last five fill-ups:
- 255 miles with 16.067 gallons of gas / 15.87 MPG / Gas light did not turn on
- 267 miles with 15.905 gallons of gas / 16.79 MPG / Gas light did not turn on
- 272 miles with 15.535 gallons of gas (Hardtop was off for entire duration) / 17.51 MPG / Gas light did not turn on
- 295 miles with 16.405 / 17.98 MPG / Gas light turned on
- 315 miles with 16.963 / 18.59 MPG / Gas light turned on

Daily commute consists of mostly 55MPH driving with hardly any elevation changes. I know I shouldn't care that much about my MPGs (I'm going to purchase a daily driver anyway so I don't need to drive this through harsh Michigan winters.) but I thought it was interesting that I'm able to reach this high of MPGs.

Side Note: Proper following distance is one of the more important aspects in getting better gas mileage, in my opinion.

Hey, lovin’ that color! It’s like driving sunshine lol.

Tell me about it. I like being known as the guy with the yellow Jeep! Funny to think when I started driving a yellow Wrangler when I was 16 I didn't like the color one bit. I even told my parents at one point that I was just going to spend my $3500 on a old Jimmy. That would have been a good decision for future me's wallet, but a bad overall decision. I'm addicted to the Wrangler life now!

Lol funny how things work out like that. I never wanted a yellow Jeep. Never even gave it a thought. I’ve always liked black, blue or silver really. When I came across the tj I have now and was completely surprised just how much I liked the color, and it only grew on me more after! I think more people notice our yellow too. :D

Reactions: Damazzaro