Do 38s fit with no lift? The question nobody asked

Having done a fair bit of plumbing, I can assure you with 100% confidence that turds float just as well as cream does.

touche........in this instance some turds are supported (by airheads), but their identification is usually obvious to another plumber and/or someone that's been familiarized with plumbing.

if identification of the turds were introduced to the general population the plumbers likely to be a real busy guy.

as long as they would agree to express your limitations and expectations of the product, i can't see any down side to expanding your market.

The 17" kit is designed to and will lock up 37's and their 38's with ease. If I didn't appear to support that nonsense at some level, the kit wouldn't exist but I know folks will do silly things and need to be safe while doing so.
I think this is your answer. The kit exists, you have no reason to be selective about how you market it now.
You telling them it isn't a good idea isn't going to make them not do it anymore, especially if it is getting views. In that case, donate the kit, let them say how good it is without even testing it, and at least then it's not the brakes that are going to shit themselves with 38s on Rubi axles.

Reactions: Tob
I vote do it. If it wasn’t for forums I wouldn’t have your brakes on my rig because I’d have no idea who you were. I’ve never seen BMB on YouTube that I can remember.
I agree. You're product has no reflection on their build decision. They have over 4000 views to date with nearly 3000 followers so you are guaranteed new looks at your brand and products. My guess is that this alone would increase your sales but if others followed-up and posted other videos with your products then you're golden.

Do you know how they found BMB? You should require them to put out specific content if you go with it.

Not in anyway defending them, but did anyone else get the sense that this is the “first” mod that they’re doing on a list of other mods that are coming?

I believe on most people’s list, installing such big shoes would be the last thing to do. But I get it, they wanted hits on the video so they did it in a way that would get hits.

So, maybe axles and supporting mods are coming down the pike?

So, Blaine, maybe have a chat with them about where they are headed before you send out a kit.

I did some chatting with them through comments on their video. Other than having a cute girl in yoga pants they have nothing to offer other than talking up unsafe projects. I personally look at everything they do as gimmicky and would associate their sponsors as part of their gimmick.

Reactions: Sancho
I did some chatting with them through comments on their video. Other than having a cute girl in yoga pants they have nothing to offer other than talking up unsafe projects. I personally look at everything they do as gimmicky and would associate their sponsors as part of their gimmick.
They pretty much said those tires/wheels are for their JK. This was a shock value video.

Not a fan of their videos. They did some product detailing video a while back and I commented how there was a good (and cheap) option they didn't try. One of them replied that they could do a future video with products donated by subscribers. It seems like they like getting free things just because they have a channel (the "influencer" mentality).

Or put another way, when you watch their videos do you want to purchase any of the stuff they use or do you want to stay away from the stuff they use?
For me personally, when I see these channels going on 35"+ tires, no lift, metalcloaks and stock everything else... I tend to steer away from anything they would throw at me, but, they would be promoting your stuff, and black magic brakes are very reputable so I dont think it would be a bad idea. It's usually the lower end bullcrap like teraflex and rough country that I see all of them try to sell to us.

Get your girlfriend / wife to act mildly slutty and be your Vanna White.
I cant tell you how much I see that all over these popular instagram and youtube channels. So fucking annoying

Reactions: Tob
I cant tell you how much I see that all over these popular instagram and youtube channels. So fucking annoying
All I can think of is Mr and Mrs Overlander, in one episode he gave some other girl a Brazilian wax. I wanted to see them be the litebrite version of the gladiator but they are misguided.

Reactions: Rick Flair and D M
then theres this...

FB_IMG_1586183072615.jpeg

I think it is a cool build, obviously a street build, unfortunately its only objective is to promote their youtube channel.

Donating products is all about return on the investment. Back Magic Brakes work on anything, not just lifted Jeeps, question is, is there any market for what they are selling. Will it bring a boost in sales.

Reactions: Apparition
Hmmmmm. What will the do with the Jeep after it's "complete" with all the free parts they put in it? Keep it? Sell it and pocket the cash? Donate it? Raffle it? I just don't trust these types of projects.

Agree with the issue behind your point, but to my post above how is that any different from someone using BMB with 37s on stock Dana 44 axles and posting on the forum? Whether one was "donated" a kit or bought it, the end results are still the same.

The difference is a stupid customer doing something stupid with parts they purchased, vs you as a business owner donating the parts and being listed as a sponsor for the build. I wouldn't do that unless I was cool with the entire build.

Already being done along with a list of others who will be contributing. I have a few deal breakers that I don't mention and won't. But, if they are on the list, I'm not.
Originally I was on the side of do it, send a kit.

I commented on their video that they need tons just to see what they had to say. They said "When the 44s break we will definitely be doing tons and other axle upgrades"

So now I think I'm with don't do it. I wouldn't want my parts to be a part of a ticking time bomb that's reaching thousands of people on the internet. If they know the axles are gonna grenade, they aren't gonna baby it like they would if they thought "If you're easy on them they'll be okay"

Yep, I won't even click on crap like this anymore because I know exactly what it is... clickbait crap.

I'm not saying that for some it isn't entertainment, but for me it's mind numbing. Like I said, everyone thinks they are a "personality" now.

Some people are actually good at it and have a talent. Others clearly don't, they just don't have an agent to tell them to quit, give up, or find a new career :ROFLMAO:

I haven't been able to watch the video yet, but if there is a sincere attempt to teach and show what works and what doesn't then there should be less concern over the association.