Do I have the wrong style Rough Country soft top?

Jim Nash

2001 Wrangler Sahara, I just bought a new Rough Country soft top from a private owner, never used. It has no frame/hardware with it. Rough Country says it jst wraps around the roll bars. Also, the instructions show that it has door skins for 1/2 door models. My TJ has full doors. Do I have the wrong style of top, or will this still work on my Jeep. I did get the hinged door top pieces when I bought the Jeep.

From what I can tell RC only makes replacement tops for the TJ, so you need all the OEM style hardware (frame, header, surrounds, etc.) to make it work.

Pics of what you have would help us know for sure.

From what I can tell RC only makes replacement tops for the TJ, so you need all the OEM style hardware (frame, header, surrounds, etc.) to make it work.

Pics of what you have would help us know for sure.
Thanks, Chuck, that's what I was afraid of. New to Jeepin'. I guess I'll look at the Bestop brand some had suggested and dump this new "skin only" thing I bought. This is what I got...

1653408965593.png

Thanks, Chuck, that's what I was afraid of. New to Jeepin'. I guess I'll look at the Bestop brand some had suggested and dump this new "skin only" thing I bought. This is what I got...

View attachment 332556
I went through a similar situation a couple of years ago. My TJ is a factory hardtop so it didn't come with any of the soft top hardware. I was gifted a brand new top so i began the journey of accumulating the hardware. It took a little patience, but i was able to eventually find everything on FB Marketplace. All in, i have about $150 invested.