Do I have to replace my driveshaft and use a SYE?

Registe3

Hey guys I’m new here and got my first wrangler 04 model TJ str8 6.
But I got it with an aftermarket 6” RC lift kit.. I’m looking to go down to a zone 4” lift is that good? And I’m worried about my drive shaft. Do I have to replace my Drive shaft and use a SYE?
See current picture of my Drive shaft now

thanks guys

4085551E-A3CE-4691-B27E-EC502DEA004C.jpeg

Oh jeez 😓 I had no idea learning as I’m going thanks a lot..
also 4” lift comes with non adjustable lower control arms. Would that be good or are the adjustable better

Oh jeez 😓 I had no idea learning as I’m going thanks a lot..
also 4” lift comes with non adjustable lower control arms. Would that be good or are the adjustable better

No worries, we all have to start somewhere!

With 4" of lift you need both upper and lower adjustable control arms for the front and rear. So all 8 arms, adjustable.

By looking at the picture you might have to shorten the drive shaft a bit going from 6" down to 4" depending on how much slip spline you have when your done dropping it. You want some amount of slip left in it.

No worries, we all have to start somewhere!

With 4" of lift you need both upper and lower adjustable control arms for the front and rear. So all 8 arms, adjustable.
Ok got it.. it currently does have adjustable arms with the 6” lift but it’s been sitting for about 18 months without moving not sure if it worth trying to free it up when dropping to 4”

Ok got it.. it currently does have adjustable arms with the 6” lift but it’s been sitting for about 18 months without moving not sure if it worth trying to free it up when dropping to 4”

I'm sure they'll still work, I'd just see what kind of condition the joints / bushings are in.