Do I need a new radiator or fan clutch?

wwhill2

I bought a 99 Tj back in 2015 has no fan clutch which was weird. i have replace the water pump a few years back and replaced the thermostat in it. Will today i was going at highway speed it went up to 220 and when i got back in to the city it went back down to 210. I'm thinking on putting a fan clutch back on it or do i need to replace the radiator.

220 isn't overheating so that in itself is nothing to worry about. However if it's either a fixed-blade or (worse yet) a flex-blade fan with no clutch, there's no reason not to correct that. If it's a fixed-blade fan, going to a clutch will free up some power when the fan isn't actually needed. If it's a flex-blade fan, you get that benefit plus you reduce the odds of having a fan blade shoot through your hood.

I bought a 99 Tj back in 2015 has no fan clutch which was weird. i have replace the water pump a few years back and replaced the thermostat in it. Will today i was going at highway speed it went up to 220 and when i got back in to the city it went back down to 210. I'm thinking on putting a fan clutch back on it or do i need to replace the radiator.

Did you perform a proper flush? In my case, it was dirty and rusty. Ran BlueDevil, Prestone and Thermocure.
Did you verify that cooling system is pressurized properly and not leaking? For me, it was a leaking heater core.
I was also hitting 220F on highway with AC and Texas heat.
Now, i get beyond 210F only in idle or in very slow stop and go traffic.