Do I need to pull my Antirock arm higher?

So so close to ā€œcompletingā€ my Jeep project. Only carpet, SYE, new DC rear driveshaft and UCF belly skid left.

@NashvilleTJ had this happen to him if I remember correctly and it ended up bending the Anti-Rock arm.
Ouch Rick! That makes it sound like I installed it incorrectlyā€¦

But JJ is right - I made the mistake of flexing it out in the ā€œstreetā€ position. Did not end wellā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and jjvw
Full droop: 13.5ā€
Fully compressed: 7.5ā€
AR link length: 10.5ā€
OEM link length: 7.5ā€
The suggestion to add 2.5ā€ to OEM link length was a really good rough estimate.
AR arm horizontal at full droop, when operator side was checked. Thanks again to all of you for the prompt replies.
B10DF4F8-14BF-428B-8785-6C7F7BE9D84C.jpeg

The suggestion to add 2.5ā€ to OEM link length was a really good rough estimate.
AR arm horizontal at full droop, when operator side was checked. Thanks again to all of you for the prompt replies. View attachment 265327
If the arm is level at the mid point of the shock travel and the links aren't pulled tight at full shock extension, then not much else matters.

AR arm horizontal at full droop, when operator side was checked. Thanks again to all of you for the prompt replies.

View attachment 265327

is this what it looks like at full droop? I'm getting ready to install mine

???
Is that a picture of full droop?
How much down travel do you have?

The initial photo is at full droop and the latter one is while fully resting on ground. As far as travel, I don't recall; I'm sorry. I would check for you, but I am doing the rear main seal at the moment.

@Jeep 541X does your Antirock arm hit the stock bumper? I just installed mine and it is very close to the top lip of the bumper. Thinking I'm going to have to grind off some of the bumper for clearance. This picture is sitting at ride height

8AE74BBE-C6B4-4BC3-A5A5-97C956153B1D.jpeg

@Jeep 541X does your Antirock arm hit the stock bumper? I just installed mine and it is very close to the top lip of the bumper. Thinking I'm going to have to grind off some of the bumper for clearance. This picture is sitting at ride height

View attachment 357632

Why not just shorten your links to get the arms closer to parallel to the ground? Thatā€™s usually the proper way to install, and it will likely solve your bumper clearance issue.

View attachment 357632

Mine is a swayloc, but this is the thought process I used for setting my link length/arm angle:

The link should be short enough that the arm doesn't crash into anything (such as the bumper or the fender) at full stuff, and long enough that the arm can't invert at full droop. As long as those criteria are met, the final angle isn't that important. I had enough leeway that I ended up putting mine all the way to the top end of the range because that also helped minimize interference with the tire when the passenger side is stuffed and wheels turned full driver.

I have a Warn rock crawler stubby and this is my swayloc at full stuff.

PXL_20211123_220807403.jpg

it still rubs a little but might not with an antirock since the locking mechanism isn't there.

PXL_20211123_220824765.jpg