Do I need to pull my Antirock arm higher?

MaloStapalo

Release the Kraken
Supporting Member
Link is 10.5" per currie's instructions for 4" lift.

Others look higher up at an angle I guess.
20180904_144645.jpg
20180904_144445.jpg

That's probably fine, but I'd put it maybe 2-3 degrees higher. It should be at 15 degrees per the instructions (at least that's what I remember).

So if I am correct about the antirock, i havent had mine long, the angle you speak of is due to which hole you have your link attached to. The hole you currently have the link in is used for most articulation. The holes closer to the front allow for a stable ride, but less articulation. This is what I have read online. I have mine on the second hole.

Hang the axle from the shocks. As long as the Antirock still has a kink in the link, then it is fine. The purpose is to keep the AR from inverting. The would be very damaging.

The real answer is that the AR ought to be parallel to the frame at the mid point of the suspension travel.

So if I am correct about the antirock, i havent had mine long, the angle you speak of is due to which hole you have your link attached to. The hole you currently have the link in is used for most articulation. The holes closer to the front allow for a stable ride, but less articulation. This is what I have read online. I have mine on the second hole.
The links are adjustable in length. That is used to set the angle.

The holes are too set the stiffness. My argument is that the AR should be set to be as stiff as possible without limiting the available articulation allowed by the shocks.

Last edited:

The angle is set by adjusting the threaded links where it attaches to your axle.

The 5-holes on the Antirock arms are to adjust it so that it's either really stiff, or really soft. Most of us seem to agree that if you do a mix of on-road and off-road driving, the ideal position is in the middle hole. It provides a happy medium. It won't be too soft on the street (a little softer than stock), but it also won't be too firm for off-road.

Reactions: JMT
That's probably fine, but I'd put it maybe 2-3 degrees higher. It should be at 15 degrees per the instructions (at least that's what I remember).

I didnt see that anywhere in curries instructions. Just the 4" lift recommended 10.5 link center eye to center eye

This is 8.24, more?
20180904_152743.jpg

Reactions: Chris
You're fine in that case! Disregard that 15 degree remark I made. I have no idea why I had that in my head. I must be losing my mind.

EDIT: Removed inaccurate information.

Last edited:
I do know that it's always supposed to be above parallel though. Yours looks great the way it is.

It wouldn't be above parallel if the travel bias was shifted a significant amount towards down travel.

Has there been a report of this? I am honestly just curious about the damage done when it happened.
I don't recall seeing or reading about it actually happening. But imagine one arm going the opposite direction of the other. An arm would tear through a fender and the torsion bar could snap. The arms and links would probably collapse.

If both arms flip, they would lock against the bumper and the arms and links would probably collapse.

On my setup, without shocks, the next limit to droop are the sway bar links being pulled tight. If my shocks were longer I would need to remember to lengthen the links.

I suspect that on most setups, inversion couldn't happen unless something was installed very wrong.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
What length should the links be for 2.5” suspension lift?
The specific length isn’t all that important, but you want the arms parallel to the ground at the travel midpoint. The big thing to watch out for is making sure the links can’t invert when drooped (meaning the arm and link pass parallel and bend the opposite direction).

Jerry is right that with a proper setup that’s around the height change. However the changes in most standard lifts don’t maintain the travel bias. So something like a rancho for 2-4” lifts has a longer body and allows more droop (or at least did on mine) and may mean longer than 2.5” beyond factory.

Reactions: JMT and Jeep 541X