Do I need to replace this vacuum hose?

mattyice2

TJ Enthusiast
I just noticed that my air system is stuck on defrost. It's def the HVAC vacuum hose because it wasn't even attached to the intake valve. I put it back on, but now it's very loose and will probably just come off again. I'm guessing a replacement is needed.

Vhose.jpg

if thats the smaller diameter pipe that ends up running across the firewall to the heater core/ ac pipes HVAC area and further down to the vacuum box below the battery tray, it is still available from Chrysler. the rubber elbow is not available to purchase separate and I had a hell of a time finding something I accepted as a replacement locally. seems like Chrysler chose non standard sizes for all the rubber elbows.

I just purchased this whole replacement tube with other various rubber fittings via rock auto Chrysler part number 55037637AB for less than $20. well worth it in my opinion, with the mileage on the original im sure the tubing would end up splitting or cracking next or the rubber fittings further away from the manifold would fail next. its easily found online for about the $20 range.

487C21E8-3AC4-4B47-848A-3BD1350591F9.jpeg

737D3F93-39EB-42E0-8214-4A3438876003.jpeg