Do I still need to use control arm cam bolts?

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
now that I have double adjustable lower control arms with Johnny Joints on my front axle, Do i still need to use the cam bolts to keep my pinion /caster angle in place? or do I use the grade 8 bolt and washers to hold everything tight?

now that I have double adjustable lower control arms with Johnny Joints on my front axle, Do i still need to use the cam bolts to keep my pinion /caster angle in place? or do I use the grade 8 bolt and washers to hold everything tight?

You can keep the cams for fine adjustment if you want but since you went double adjustable I would get some of Black Magic washers and ditch them.

I used BMB jj washers and bolts that came with my Savvy arms. The point behind the design of the washers is very apparent once you get them in. Especially once youre fine tuned and dont have to take them out again for a while. 🤞😊

I'd say that your castor/pinon will be almost entirely controlled by the adjustability of your new new arms and trump the cams but they could be used for fine tuning I suppose. The jj washers fit tightly in the ca bolt slot, retaining grease and eliminating any play. Money well spent imo. My slots needed a little love with a file but worth it.😝

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
I used BMB jj washers and bolts that came with my Savvy arms. The point behind the design of the washers is very apparent once you get them in. Especially once youre fine tuned and dont have to take them out again for a while. 🤞😊
Hey who is BMB?

The only purpose of the BMB washer is to retain grease put out by the greaseable bolt. If you don't have bolts with grease fittings, you simply need to tighten the hardware to spec. No need for any special washer.