Do my pinion angles look alright?

Dyl

Is it possible to evaluate that from the picture? Please share what you think.
IMG_20210827_134622.jpg

Pinion looks tilted too high…

And yes, an angle finder is a cheap tool and great to have…

Are you having vibes now? The pinion does look a little high but I'm curious why you are asking? Give us back story but not too long of a back story please

Are you having vibes now? The pinion does look a little high but I'm curious why you are asking? Give us back story but not too long of a back story please
I gave no back story as not to influence any answers 😃.

Anyways. I did a 2inch lift and 31inch tyres but didn't feel any vibes. But recently I have been getting a slight vibration when taking off in 1st gear. It only happens for maybe 1 second and goes away as I give more gas and it gain more speed. Only thing in between i did was max out the front caster to 7degrees. Don't think that could affect anyways?

I'm not sure if those vibes are normal or not. They are only mild I would say.

Last edited:
Ok just did a Google search and it seems I need adjustable rear control arms to do that ?

Wondering if I drop the transfer case say by 1inch if it would correct those angles?

Ok just did a Google search and it seems I need adjustable rear control arms to do that ?

Wondering if I drop the transfer case say by 1inch if it would correct those angles?
Adjustable arms would get it done properly, in my opinion...

Dropping the transfer case skid is quicker and cheaper, but then an already low hanging skid plate becomes even lower…

The amount you’ll need to drop it will only be precisely determined by trial and error, but an inch would probably be close enough…

Reactions: Dyl
Is it possible for you to guide me on how to set it up like the bottom pic? I guess I would have to rotate the rear axle downward but is it possible to do that ?
Set your upper and lower arms to stock length. Drive the Jeep to test for vibes. Doubtful you’ll have any if 2” is the true amount of lift.

If you do have vibes:
1) you can drop the transfer case by trial and error with washers till you don’t have vibes.
2) install a 1” MML. The spacer blocks are fine. I got one for $45 on Amazon. That will help with the driveline angles.
3) get an SYE and DC driveshaft and then rotate the pinion to face the TCase output.