Do throttle body spacers work on Jeep Wrangler TJs?

I only want to add one comment on stock air cleaners and living on a ranch in the middle of no where. When the first snow comes all of gods critters want to come inside the house the cars the feed bins etc. The intake bell on the stock air intake is just perfect for mice etc. A small piece of screen mesh held in place with a hose clamp stops this problem. Window screen mesh is too small in my opinion.

Great suggestion!

Reactions: ejay
Stock ac air filter for sure. Everyday driving air needs to be filtered. At the dragstrip not so much. They sacrifice their engines for time & speed!

what do you install in place of spacer all the linkages are out of wack

You just remove the spacer and put everything back to normal.

However, if the spacer is on there, it's not doing any harm or any good. It's just doing nothing at all basically.

Disappointing but very much appreciate the effort and info. Is there a post that spells out what mods do in fact increase performance?

Not going to lie, I had an larger TB, K&N and spacer in my wish list to buy.. after reading this, I'm just wondering where my $$ is better spent? Engine wise, what's legit??

Tugs, TB spacers are a Godsend for the people that sell them. Your money is better spent on preventive maintenance, seals and gaskets, transfer case cable shifter, maybe new gearing (depending on application), things like that. Unless you pull the engine and install a V8 or stroker, the power of the 4.0 is what it is and no amount of snake oil will change it. Focus on reliablility and driveability. I'll wager if you looked closely, you'd find tons of beneficial projects that will take all the time and $$ you are willing to invest. Things like ball joints and shocks pay immediate and noticeable dividends. I did not think my steering was that bad until I installed all new parts, then I realized there is a big difference between okay and great. When I replaced my entire exhaust system, my Jeep ran better and cooler.

Disappointing but very much appreciate the effort and info. Is there a post that spells out what mods do in fact increase performance?

Not going to lie, I had an larger TB, K&N and spacer in my wish list to buy.. after reading this, I'm just wondering where my $$ is better spent? Engine wise, what's legit??

The ONLY mods that increase performance are full long tube headers, a good tune, internal engine work, stroker, superchargers, turbos, and that’s about it.

Just "baseline" the maintenance and drive it. Forget performance mods with jeep emissions controlled engines.

What people seem to ignore is that even those few external modifications that could legitimately add some power won't actually add any because the ECU will be constantly adjusting engine performance to be as close to the factory set parameters as possible.

My aoogah horn added more horsepower than any mods to my 4.0.

Well this probably isin’t gonna work, but,
If anyone wants to try this out for themselves, ya know in the name of science, I have a 1inch TB spacer (cool red anodized look) and a K&N Intake that I will be happy to trade for your stock pre 2004 system, I’ll even include the stuff to clean the filter. Free of charge. My P.O. Had it Installed, looks good but that’s about it, oh and the spacer whistles at part throttle.
Any takers?

is there a cold air intake that does have reliable air fiter? The reason I ask is that I have been talking with flynn Rynn and it is one of upgrades he recommends along with TB, new injectors, spark plugs and a long tube header if in the budget

is there a cold air intake that does have reliable air fiter? The reason I ask is that I have been talking with flynn Rynn and it is one of upgrades he recommends along with TB, new injectors, spark plugs and a long tube header if in the budget

Windstar cowl intake/snorkel mod remind me and I’ll dig up a picture when I’m back at the computer

Reactions: jeffv7727