Do TJ Headlights need to be turned on?

EddiTJ

Alright so I was driving home and hit a bump and all my lights went out and one of my turn signal housings burned,
anyway I check the fuses #1 is burnt so I change it and replace the turn signal housing that burnt, but now my headlights only come on when the stalk ( MFS multifunction switch ) is rotated to the top position, they used to just come on when I'd turn the ignition on with the MFS in the off position.

Do they have to be turned to the top to be turned on every time you drive the jeep by the MFS or am I just insane.

Only thing that would make sense to me is that a previous owner had some fun with the wiring if thats the case.

I can't say since you're in Iceland and it may be different with TJs over there. However, here in the U.S., the headlights don't come on unless you turn them on using the MFS, which is the way it is with all U.S. market TJs.

It's possible you have DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) over there though.

I can't say since you're in Iceland and it may be different with TJs over there. However, here in the U.S., the headlights don't come on unless you turn them on using the MFS, which is the way it is with all U.S. market TJs.

It's possible you have DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) over there though.
I've got a US model, thanks for the reply guess I'll start looking for after market wiring.