Do we have a rep for Morris 4x4 on the forum?

I stopped in there Pompano location last year I had a list of items needed for a rehearing I was going to do, lockers, gears, bearings the whole deal. Counter person took my list said would work on it later and email a quote ( I was only one in store ) after a couple a days I called back because never heard anything again said would work on it. I never heard from them I took my business elsewhere I figured they must not need it
I think they pay their employees poorly and rely on marketing and attracting new customers over repeat customers.

Reactions: Chris
I've a pending Morris 4x4 issue. Ordered fender flares and the tailgate bar for the soft top window and the tailgate. Had ordered my soft top from them a week or so earlier and all was well on that shipment. All orders were based solely on price. I get the shipping notifications on the fender flares and the tailgate bar. A week later only the flares show up in one box clearly labeled and sized for fender flares. I asked the FedEx guy where the other package was and he said there's only one. Checked the shipping notification from Morris and see that they provided the same (only one) FedEx tracking number for both items. FedEx records confirm only one package associated with the tracking number. I send multiple emails to customer service with copies of everything clearly explaining the situation - all of which they ignore for more than a week. Tried calling, tried the chat function on the site - all to no avail. Meanwhile their marketing emails are relentless. I get one asking me to review the tailgate bar. So I write a nasty review about how I'd love to review, but I can't because they haven't delivered it and won't respond, etc., etc. Of course, they don't post it but I finally get an email from some marketing guy apologizing, citing Covid delays, etc. He turns me over to another rep and it takes her a week to confirm everything I've spelled out for them. The supplier never sent it. I know! She was very apologetic and offered to cancel, refund, etc. I was polite and even offered that it was not a big deal or time-sensitive for me - just send the damn thing. So she re-placed the order last Friday 6/5, and the shipping notification says it will be shipped between Monday and Wednesday next week 6/15. All for a $35 tailgate bar. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out I've been charged twice! Haven't had time to check my accounts . . .

Anyway, I don't really plan to order from them anymore. Takes them way to long to process/ship. Every other vendor out there is on it in a day or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
It seems we DO have a rep on the forum now.

Got this a few mintues ago.

"
New
Hi there Yellow,

Caught your message in a recent thread and wanted to reach out personally to apologize for the service you experienced. We know that it doesn't come close to meeting the standards we have for ourselves. I want to shed some light on why it happened, what we're doing about it, and hopefully find a way to make it up to you.

There's no excuse, but in full transparency, it's been a perfect storm since COVID hit which is causing a customer service backlog that we're still digging out of.

With COVID, we shifted our many in-office employees to fully remote, while our warehouses and hundreds of vendors started operating at a reduced capacity for your safety and the health and safety of the workers filing orders. Some of our suppliers also unfortunately furloughed some staff when COVID first hit.

As jeepers have started new projects, we've experienced an extraordinary increase in contact volume at the same time.

This causes our suppliers and warehouses to provide shipping and inventory updates less quickly than usual, which leads to a vicious cycle — more customers start calling and emailing about order status, which further backs up our CS and other departments that help process orders, exchanges/returns, etc. And of course, that leads to even more inquiries.

We've got the entire team working overtime and in fact have increased our staff and resources to unprecedented levels since COVID first hit (and we're still adding more as quickly as we can), but it hasn't been enough to keep up.

We are so sorry for the delays you've experienced. Our customers and the Jeep community mean everything to us, which is why it frustrates us to no end to know that we disappointed you.

We'd like to try to make it right. If you let me know your order number or email address, I'd like to send a gift card your way."

Hopfuly there is a bright future for Morris 4x4.

Sounds familiar . . . I did just go back through my emails and they did send me a $25 gift card.

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]I saw your feedback online and wanted to reach out directly to apologize for the service you experienced. We know that it doesn't come close to meeting the standards we have for ourselves. I want to shed some light on why it happened, what we're doing about it, and hopefully find a way to make it up to you.
There's no excuse, but in full transparency, it's been a perfect storm since COVID-19 hit which is causing a customer service backlog that we're still digging out of.
With COVID-19, we shifted over 100 in-office employees to fully remote, while our warehouses and hundreds of vendors started operating at a reduced capacity for your safety and the health and safety of the workers filling orders. Some of our suppliers also unfortunately furloughed some staff when the virus first hit.
This was manageable when orders were a bit lower, but orders spiked sharply over the last few weeks as the stimulus hit and Jeepers have started new projects. Now, there's an unexpected increase in volume with decreased capacity.
This causes our suppliers and warehouses to provide shipping and inventory updates less quickly than usual, which leads to a vicious cycle — more customers start calling and emailing about order status, which further backs up our customer care team and other departments that help process orders, exchanges/returns, etc. And of course, that leads to even more inquiries.
We've got the entire team working overtime and in fact have increased our staff and resources to unprecedented levels since COVID-19 first hit (and we're still adding more as quickly as we can), but it hasn't been enough to keep up.
We are so sorry for the delays you've experienced. Our customers and the Jeep community mean everything to us, which is why it frustrates us to no end to know that we're disappointing you.
As a small token of our apology and appreciation for your patience and understanding, please watch your email for a gift card valid on the entire store. In addition, we'd like to hook you up with extra special discounts on whatever parts you need next for your build.
We hope to have another opportunity to do better for you.
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
cb301d0f-fc1d-4f32-ac98-bcce079d0df7.png
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
Michael Epstein
CMO, Morris4x4Center.com[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
Its been frustrating dealing with many online suppliers these past few months. I think we've all been accustomed to Amazon shipping and getting what we order in a day or two. I have posted in this forum over frustrations with Morris4x4 and I have had more issues with 4WD.com in a recent order. Everyone everywhere is backed up in orders and aren't receiving parts from vendors to ship out. It doesn't help that all of us have been completing extra projects and mods during quarantine.

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
Morris 4x4 just pushed out the shipping date on my tailgate bar another 8 days. Still leaning hard on Covid. Oddly, everything else I've ordered over the last two+ months, from groceries to hand sanitizer from the little whiskey distillery in Kentucky, has been processed, shipped and delivered timely given the circumstances. It's the distribution system - Morris is nothing more than an online clearinghouse for a bunch of affiliated manufacturers who clearly don't have it figured out.

Morris 4x4 just pushed out the shipping date on my tailgate bar another 8 days. Still leaning hard on Covid. Oddly, everything else I've ordered over the last two+ months, from groceries to hand sanitizer from the little whiskey distillery in Kentucky, has been processed, shipped and delivered timely given the circumstances. It's the distribution system - Morris is nothing more than an online clearinghouse for a bunch of affiliated manufacturers who clearly don't have it figured out.

Ordered my tailgate bar from Morris 4x4 on May 18th. Two months later and still not received. Lots of meaningless emails and PMs from Morris about Covid shipping issues, OMIX changed their system, blah, blah, blah. I've ordered literally thousands of dollars worth of goods from vendors all over the country over the last several months and have received everything timely. But I have no tailgate bar for my soft top. Which I ordered from Morris two (2) months ago.

• Angry
Reactions: Chris and randy328
With all the cancel culture nonsense, can’t someone cancel Morris 4x4?

Old thread, but wish I'd seen this before ordering from them!

I had some shocks in my cart and then left the site as I wasn't 100% sure on them. Got an email from Morris offering 10% off to close the deal. Put the code in, discount come off, great! Complete the sale and once charged, the discount has gone!? I got through to them relatively quickly on chat only to be told that since my order is international I'll have to call their international help desk. I asked for an email address instead, but apparently phone is the only option. I pushed back on that, since I don't see why I should have to effectively pay-per-minute to get help on my order. 'Nates' relented and spoke to someone else and came back with 'the parts didn't qualify for a discount, are we on the same page?". No, I'm not on the same page.. why did you email me a code to complete my purchase, which appears to apply, but then you take the full amount? The whole tone of the conversation was that it was somehow my fault. I'm not even that worried about the amount, it's the principle of it - if you're emailing me to convince me to buy from you, and I decide to give you my business because of that email, your discount code had better work!

More to the point though, I paid for express shipping, and after pushing for a tracking number on chat, found out it's not going to be picked until the 7th (ordered 1st). I've also been charged in full already and yet to receive an invoice. They were supposed to be delivered before Christmas, but I'm guessing my family will probably be riding around on the aptly named Rough Country shocks that the previous owner put on these holidays. I've been buying parts from Rock Auto all year and parts have been arriving in NZ 7 days after ordering without issue even with covid. Despite their flashy website, these guys can't even pack an order in that time frame.

Also annoying that they force you to buy in NZD at their conversion rate which worked out $20 more than if I'd bought in USD at my bank's rate. Tidy little scheme for them to skim a bit extra off international orders.

• Angry
Reactions: randy328
Old thread, but wish I'd seen this before ordering from them!

I had some shocks in my cart and then left the site as I wasn't 100% sure on them. Got an email from Morris offering 10% off to close the deal. Put the code in, discount come off, great! Complete the sale and once charged, the discount has gone!? I got through to them relatively quickly on chat only to be told that since my order is international I'll have to call their international help desk. I asked for an email address instead, but apparently phone is the only option. I pushed back on that, since I don't see why I should have to effectively pay-per-minute to get help on my order. 'Nates' relented and spoke to someone else and came back with 'the parts didn't qualify for a discount, are we on the same page?". No, I'm not on the same page.. why did you email me a code to complete my purchase, which appears to apply, but then you take the full amount? The whole tone of the conversation was that it was somehow my fault. I'm not even that worried about the amount, it's the principle of it - if you're emailing me to convince me to buy from you, and I decide to give you my business because of that email, your discount code had better work!

More to the point though, I paid for express shipping, and after pushing for a tracking number on chat, found out it's not going to be picked until the 7th (ordered 1st). I've also been charged in full already and yet to receive an invoice. They were supposed to be delivered before Christmas, but I'm guessing my family will probably be riding around on the aptly named Rough Country shocks that the previous owner put on these holidays. I've been buying parts from Rock Auto all year and parts have been arriving in NZ 7 days after ordering without issue even with covid. Despite their flashy website, these guys can't even pack an order in that time frame.

Also annoying that they force you to buy in NZD at their conversion rate which worked out $20 more than if I'd bought in USD at my bank's rate. Tidy little scheme for them to skim a bit extra off international orders.
Another two chats... kept telling me they'd be dispatched by 7th and I'd have tracking 48hrs later. No surprises the 9th rolls around and I contact them again, and get told they're due to be dispatched by the 28th Dec.. clearly they never had stock and were drop shipping these shocks and mispresenting stock levels. after a lengthy chat they agreed to cancel the order which takes 2 working days and then a further 5 working days to get my funds returned. I've got everything documented now, so if funds don't arrive back I'll be lodging a dispute with my bank to reverse the transaction... based on my experience to date I don't have high hopes of the refund going smoothly!

Rock Auto had the Rancho 9000x shocks for a great price (didn't have them when I bought the 5000x from Morris) so jumped on them as delivery time frames were still showing arrival before Christmas. Five hours after ordering they've been dispatched.. can't complain about that!!

Just thinking maybe they are not paying the vendors so quick, so they are slow or not shipping for Morris
This ^^^^. When you can order from another vendor and receive you product very quickly this is the issue a lot of times. Once their account is paid up then vendor ships. Also volume helps. When I was looking for a Bestop trail cover this summer no one had it in stock but Amazon.

Reactions: Apparition
i put in and order for a crown opda from them the other day and got a notice that it would take 2 weeks to ship. when i called and asked about it, they told me that they were on back order from chrysler. last i checked, crown isnt part of chrysler, so i immediately cancelled the order and reordered from another company