Do you carry a concealed handgun?

89grand

TJ Addict
If no, is it because your state doesn't allow it, or is it because you choose not to, and if so why? If you do, what do you carry?

I carry a Kahr CM9 in a pocket, when I can carry concealed. When I'm going somewhere were I can't carry, I usually have a Glock 19 Gen 4 in the vehicle.

Reactions: Sancho and reddvltj
I take my Glock 26 with me most days, though I’d like something smaller for pocket carry. My Sig Sauer 1911 comes with me when I carry my book bag. It has a felt lined laptop pocket that holds the 1911 pretty well, even without a holster.

No. California. Need I say more? 😀

I've been wanting to apply but they make you jump through hoops.
I've heard it is quite difficult to do so there. In AZ, we don't even need a carry permit, although back when we did, they were easy enough to get after taking a class. We don't need anything now.

Reactions: Byhumba
I've heard it is quite difficult to do so there. In AZ, we don't even need a carry permit, although back when we did, they were easy enough to get after taking a class. We don't need anything now.
Yeah. Somewhat difficult and you have to renew it every two years. You have to present a valid case stating why you need to carry. I do put my Glock 19 in my Jeep when going camping or wheeling in very remote areas though.

Depending on the clothing I'm wearing (winter/summer) I either carry a Taurus pt92 9mm 18 round mag or my Springfield Armory XD-S 3.3 9mm 9 round mag (Disclaimer, pics are just stock photos, not mine I'll add pics of my own later tonight)
1575429277452.png

1575429529615.png

Reactions: 89grand and Byhumba
I am the black sheep of this forum, never owned a gun, no desire to have one (nothing political or anything against, just no interest).
Nothing wrong with doing what you want. I'm quite a gun fanatic, so I have quite a few, depending on what you compare it to. I love shooting guns, but I also prefer to be able to have a fighting chance against those that might want to do me harm. Those that don't have an interest...well then they don't.

Idaho is the same way, I had my Concealed carry but the year after I got it the State decided to allow anyone to conceal so I never got mine renewed, I have to admit it was nice to not have to do the whole waiting period when I bought my XD-s so I may go renew my permit....

My son and I took the 8 hr class last Saturday. 6 hours of classroom and two hours shooting.

I wasn't too sure how well I'd do since I haven't shot anything for at least 2 years before my accident 3 years ago and reading up on the Ohio CCW laws before the training didn't seem like it was going to help.

I was pretty impressed with both of our results. We each missed one different question on the test and the shooting part wasn't too bad for me.

I was kinda surprised to find out that my son who was on a rifle team as a teenager had refrained from shooting a handgun with his friends several times because he didn't want to accidentally end up with any bad habits. After the classroom he did every single thing exactly right and was approved after 10 shots (with a total of just 6 holes in the target). While his friend whose family owned the backyard range we were at took almost the whole two hours to get it right.

Here's a picture of my Beretta 92 (the lower one) and his friend's Taurus (Beratta 92 "copy"). For some reason all I can see with that chrome and pearl is my grandmother's bedroom furniture that was pretty old 45 years ago.
IMG_20191130_150443475_HDR.jpg

To be honest, I'm not sure if I will ever carry but I sure like this ruger 9mm revolver for a coat pocket type gun in cooler/cold weather.
IMG_20191130_160949125.jpg

I'd be really shocked if my son doesn't start carrying. Heck, he already shocked my by saying he doesn't like that revolver, so who knows.

I have on occasion carry an LCP, but I'm looking to get a 5 shot snubby instead. Anything bigger gets left at home.

I am the black sheep of this forum, never owned a gun, no desire to have one (nothing political or anything against, just no interest).
I have no issue with people who have no interest in guns, provided they have no issue with me owning guns. :cool:

Idaho is the same way, I had my Concealed carry but the year after I got it the State decided to allow anyone to conceal so I never got mine renewed, I have to admit it was nice to not have to do the whole waiting period when I bought my XD-s so I may go renew my permit....
Not having to spend the time waiting for the check is a plus. I weighed the options and decided not being in some government database was more important, so I never got one.

My son and I took the 8 hr class last Saturday. 6 hours of classroom and two hours shooting.

I wasn't too sure how well I'd do since I haven't shot anything for at least 2 years before my accident 3 years ago and reading up on the Ohio CCW laws before the training didn't seem like it was going to help.

I was pretty impressed with both of our results. We each missed one different question on the test and the shooting part wasn't too bad for me.

I was kinda surprised to find out that my son who was on a rifle team as a teenager had refrained from shooting a handgun with his friends several times because he didn't want to accidentally end up with any bad habits. After the classroom he did every single thing exactly right and was approved after 10 shots (with a total of just 6 holes in the target). While his friend whose family owned the backyard range we were at took almost the whole two hours to get it right.

Here's a picture of my Beretta 92 (the lower one) and his friend's Taurus (Beratta 92 "copy"). For some reason all I can see with that chrome and pearl is my grandmother's bedroom furniture that was pretty old 45 years ago.
View attachment 127658

To be honest, I'm not sure if I will ever carry but I sure like this ruger 9mm revolver for a coat pocket type gun in cooler/cold weather.
View attachment 127663

I'd be really shocked if my son doesn't start carrying. Heck, he already shocked my by saying he doesn't like that revolver, so who knows.
Interesting factoid, the Beretta 92 is the progenitor of the Taurus PT92 I have... Beretta sold their Brazil factory to Taurus in 1980 and they started using Beretta's already set up machinery and employees to build them.

Not having to spend the time waiting for the check is a plus. I weighed the options and decided not being in some government database was more important, so I never got one.
Yeah that was brought up to me by a former County Sheriff that is a friend of mine... Unfortunately it's but one more entry on a long list that the government already has for me. Dept. of the Navy (former military brat and former military), Homeland Security (school bus driver), USPS, NTSA (Commercial Truck driver with HazMat)... They know more about me than I do at this point...HAHAHA

Yes out of state, but no ccw in CA so I work around that. Either a Kahr CW 9 or Ruger LCR .38 special. Although, I did carry my Glock 20, aiwb, this year traveling to Idaho. You ain't sitting long with that big sucker in your crotch but it was totally doable, short term 😁

Reactions: reddvltj
Primary - Sig 239 9mm with 124gr Federal HST. IWB or bag depending.

crazy hot days - S&W PPK 380 with 90gr Hornady critical defense. IWB.

camping, hiking or traveling - Taurus 605 357 with 158gr Hornady XTP and CCI shotshell. OWB or bag.