Do you carry a concealed handgun?

Most often a S&W .357, with 2" barrel. Though prefer a 1911 in .45, which I used here.
IMG_20190623_153452627_HDR.jpg

I can neither confirm nor deny that I have any firearms of any type. I do, however, know that according to the Preamble to the Bill of Rights, the Amendments were written to "prevent misconstruction and abuse of it's (the governments) powers". This means that "regulating" a militia could never be the responsibility of the government because it would make the amendment meaningless in regards to preventing misconstruction and abuse.

While I can't see the military taking on armed citizens in my lifetime, I would never underestimate the manipulative power of the media, who hate the second amendment with a passion. The possibility of the feds producing a "false flag" by baiting up Pro 2A zealots and a willing media continuing the narrative to demonize those of us who believe the second amendment is vital.

All the media has to do is push an seamless narrative for one generation, and the zeitgeist is theirs. I'm old enough to see this happen. Consider the mainstreaming of sexuality other than heterosexuality, for instance. 25 years ago, a gay person running for president would be unthinkable. For the one's who were born and raised during the period of desensitization, the idea of a gay man NOT running for president would be unthinkable.

I predict within two generations 2a people will be demonized, while at the same time not have access to the coasts. Access to the coast would be mandatory for allies to resupply and rearm. I suspect there will be some sort of guerrilla civil war that will be unwinnable by either 2a people or the government. The guerrillas will be falsely labeled as terrorists, but will never give up.

All we need is a False Flag or depression, but only after the media has continued the desensitization for another 10-15 years.

Reactions: reddvltj and matkal
When we travel I pack a firearm. Never had to use it besides when I want to go punch paper. We went on a trip earlier this year and I had it with me. We were staying in a hotel and one night we were both fast asleep when someone walked into our room around midnight. Our room was a small suite, so the door was maybe 30 feet away in another room, the bathroom and hallway separated us. I heard the door open and quickly sat up, I knew something was wrong when our dog bolted off the bed and started barking. I was quick to grab what I had on the dresser, but the man had stepped back quickly when our dog went after him. Turns out the hotel had double booked our room. An honest mistake, but it really shook up both my wife and I. Even she mentioned she was glad I had packed the gun (she had said before we left for our trip "we dont need that"). I also bring it when we go camping, plenty of critters here in CO so it makes it an obvious tool to pack.

I took the class a number of years ago to start carrying. My state passed the "Constitutional Carry" law, meaning you don't have to take a class or get a permit to carry a couple years later. I still renew my license every couple years though so I can carry in other states that allow me to carry through reciprocity. I mix it up from day to day on what I carry between a Sig P226 (9mm), Springfield 1911 Range Officer (45 ACP), Smith and Wesson Shield (9mm not pictured), and a Sig P238 (380).

_20170621_230549.jpg

IMG_20180406_121242_147.jpg

_20160105_172926.jpg