Do you do your own work on your Jeep or pay someone?

Do you do your own work?

• I do my own work.

• I pay someone else.

Results are only viewable after voting.
That rear box it bitchin'. I'm planning on doing something similar. The pad eyes on all four corners is a nice touch. It looks like if it was too heavy when loaded, you could use a cherry picker or hard top lift to lift it out.
The drawer comes out to make it lighter, but it's made by smittybilt, I got it from a guy selling it but I think its 378 new. The pad eyes work great for securing a cooler down and I fit most of my gear in it just keep the pillow and sleeping bag on top

So tell me sir, what all have you done to modify your rig? Oh, just the LCA brackets welded on and a full alignment. Other than that, it's just how I bought it. ;)
Maybe he is one of the 3 who admitted they are rich enough to pay someone else to do the work for them.

Maybe he is one of the 3 who admitted they are rich enough to pay someone else to do the work for them.
No no I've done everything else built it from stock. I just cant weld, and I did a full alignment after the lift had everything set by someone who knows alot more than I do with the right tools.

I’m still paying people to fix what I attempted to .

I thought I had a bad steering shaft U joint .

So I put in a borgersen shaft .

Then found out the pop I had was a dropped track bar mount that was easily remedied , and I’m not ready to convert to stock yet.

But the borgersen then popped with wheel at 7 o clock .

So I get a new lower shaft under warranty . Slap it on . Works flawless.

For about 2 months , then starts the same junk.

So I drop at the shop Wednesday ..thinking I’d damaged a column bearing or something.

Nope . Call Friday ...borgersen lower joint pops because the angle is so steep and it isn’t slipping as it turns according to the owner/head mechanic.

Words fail me . Gorgeous Labor Day weekend and I’m in a Lincoln MKX.

I wish I had let them slap the stock unit in while they sort it out with Borgersen so I’d have my TJ today to drive to Asheville .

If anybody has ever seen this issue please tell me what you figured out ...I’d understand if I had a body lift that it would change the geometry , but mine is all spring lift to my knowledge.