Do you guys have any idea of what this strap is?

Francesco.com

I got two of these, one on each side of the roll bar. May be something to hold down the soft top?

EBAB34BA-D6E9-4786-93E1-A44788C1C5DF.jpeg

I have not seen that, maybe added by previous owner for some reason or some use I am not aware of. Let's see what others have to say.

if your top is one of the ones you can fold over above the seats maybe its to strap it down to keep from flopping

It’s either soft top related or something the previous owner used to hang things from. I have a strap on my roll bar I use to hang my uniforms.

I bought my TJ new and it came with four of those straps. I never found a specific mention of them, but I use two of them linked together to hold the rear seat up to the roll bar when it’s folded but not removed.

I use the other two to wrap the rear seatbelts to the roll bar to keep them from flapping when the top is down.

I bought my TJ new and it came with four of those straps. I never found a specific mention of them, but I use two of them linked together to hold the rear seat up to the roll bar when it’s folded but not removed.

I use the other two to wrap the rear seatbelts to the roll bar to keep them from flapping when the top is down.
Those straps are used to strap the streamer bars from the B pillar to the windshield down to the cargo floor using the footman loops when you put the windshield down.

This is what I absolutely love about the Jeep design philosophy: everything has a purpose and you get everything you need. The bare minimum, but everything