Do You Jeep Wave to JK's?

Do you jeep wave to a JK?

• Total voters
I wave to any Wrangler. I also wave to any older Jeep (xjs, zj's, mj's, whatever) that has been immaculately maintained or well modified. Response back seems to be about 70%. There is a guy in my town with an awesome black over orange Cherokee Cheif that I love. Stopped next to him at a red light a few months back (while not in my Jeep) and shouted "love your Jeep, man!" He smiled and gave me a thumbs up as the light turned green. I enjoy waiving (or interacting in any way, really) with anyone who has a cool or unique ride... even Broncos, of which there are several in my town. (Ducks to avoid the thrown objects coming my way)

Reactions: MikekiM
if i spot a tj or anything older, it's an automatic wave. newer jeeps will get a wave only sometimes. you aren't getting a wave with that angry grille and those stretched tires on dubs or if your rig looks like a monster energy can.

los angeles drivers are getting worse by the day so 95% of the time i don't notice what kind of vehicle is on the other side of the road, let alone see who is driving or if they are waving. i'm too busy negotiating the driving habits of the muppets around me.

my biggest peeve is when a jk or newer driver has to drive like a full douche canoe while darting and cutting though traffic to pull up next to me while i'm cruising at 80 on the 101 or 405 in attempts to get my attention to wave or to say some dumb shit. listen bro, i know you want to blow me but i'm not interested in making eye contact to make you feel like a member of the club.

UUUUUHHHH....................NO, I equally wave to nobody, it's way too queer / stupid & your supposed to keep 2 hands on the wheel anyway ...............!! Doesn't mean i don't love you, but girls, i'd prefer you show your ( . ) ( . ) :) ha ......
So that was you....

I wave every chance I get. I had three JKs so I don't snub them. They get a wave. JLs maybe a little less since the odds are great a Long Island JL has never been on dirt nor would they understand the wave.

Even back in JK days I waved and almost always adhered to the newest model offering the first wave out of respect to the OG, but admittedly that is asking a lot.

Different vehicles:

One of my buddies was out on his Harley and waved at a guy on a moped. “He looked confused.”

Not to be one-upped, I was out on my Harley and waved at a guy on a Vespa. I could smell his brain burning.

How do you make a poll? We need to know how many people here wave back at these guys:
1362_main.jpg

I don't wave. I don't get the association of being friends with people just because they coincidentally live near me, and that extends to people that coincidentally drive the same make of car as I do.

I'm not real nice

Reactions: deadbeat son
Let's face it at this point jeep is making 100s of thousands of wranglers a year and we know the demographic of the driver has changed from when the TJ or YJ was in production/prior to the 4 door. It used to be a more specialized vehicle, a trail toy. It's a more comfortable daily driver vehicle now and there are so many JKs and JLs on the road and the vast majority are not going to wave.

I always wave back but never initiate a wave to a JK or JL. TJ YJ or CJ it's always an automatic wave and I get a wave back 99% of the time. One time this guy in a JK looked at me with a face like he was straight up disgusted and angry I waved at him. Literally never again will I wave first at the three million jks on the road.

I wave, and if it happens to be a nice lady driver I wave even harder, as long as the wife isn't riding with me!! 🤫 🤫

• Wow
Reactions: RINC
I don't know if there is any form of motor vehicle related human behavior I've ever seen so over thought as the Jeep wave.

I've made my cracks about it , but at the end of the day you are just acknowledging someone knowing what you know ....Jeeps are very cool.

What I think is really great about the wave , is no other vehicle inspires that to the point it's a national phenomena to my knowledge . That alone says so much .

I've had 8 jeeps , currently have 2 , and have had all number of vehicles ..but I love every minute in my Jeep , with my Jeep , under my Jeep , staring at my jeep , washing my Jeep, and getting on here and talking about jeeps.

I don't need therapy , this IS my therapy.
Actually it's more than national. It's international. Although not common rather than limited to modified Wranglers (of all generations), Jeep Wave is present in Athens, Greece as well!

Around here, a lot of older women or soccer mom's / non-Jeep enthusiasts own JLU's. A lot!

The JK are most often lifted and it's a toss-up if they wave but most do. Have noticed that older gents in TJ's either don't wave or give the one finger salute. Almost as they're over it lol. The metro NY area is just full of angry people.

I'll have to take note if Gladiator drivers wave. Haven't really paid close attention, because I just wave at all Jeeps, including Cherokees if they're modded.