Do you need a HAM radio license in the United-States and/or Canada?


LJR Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Feb 18, 2018
San Francisco, CA, USA
Pertaining to the US: You just need to take the test for the technician license l, download one of the apps or look for a website for practice tests and memorize, spend a hour or two a day and you’ll easily pass the test with minimal effort, although it’s worth reading more into the topics if you have time / have curiousity how things work.

Also look into local ham radio clubs many have cram sessions and or help to get you started once you have your license.
Reactions: DjSoundScan