Do you still have / enjoy any childhood toys?

WallyWest

TJ Addict
My mom visited for Thanksgiving and brought a bunch of my stuff she found in a closet. Including one of my favorite toys, a Lego castle from 1984. It was mostly complete and today I stopped by a local Lego store that amazingly had all the missing pieces I needed. In brand new, unopened condition it sells for a few thousand.

I also was majorly into Transformers, and never really stopped collecting those.

IMG_20211126_162451201.jpg

IMG_20211126_162523769.jpg

Born in 89, grew up with this.
This is the only thing ive kept ahold of over the years. not a gamer by any means and cant even remember the last time I hooked it up and played it. pretty much only played the first or second level of Mario games then shut it down.
View attachment 292655
That little collection might be worth some $$$.

A buddy of mine deployed a few years back, I kept some stuff for him in my attic because he cancelled the rent on his place. He casually mentioned that one of the boxes had a bunch of old Nintendo stuff & said I could use it.

I grew up on that stuff in the 80s, so I took it all out & hooked it up in the living room. Had a blast while he was gone for almost a year. When he got back I offered him cash to keep it, but he wouldn’t entertain it.

On another note in the early 80s I had enough He-Man figures, castles, & vehicles to fill up my front yard. GI Joe as well. Could have made a fortune on eBay.

I have a ton of my old legos that my son now plays with along with all my transformers from the 90s. The rest is mostly just junk in old boxes my mom kept.

Reactions: matkal
My nieces and nephews play with my old Legos at Gramma and Grampas house. I do have my very first RC car, a Blackfoot, in a box in the attic. Needs some TLC cuz they always did. I still have the original body for it, but the driver is long gone. One of these days, I'll spend some time on eBay and get the replacement parts I need.

Nope I don't have any of mine. I spent all my extra daylight hours out side!!! Either wandering around our farm or fishing. As soon as the first frost came I was squirrel hunting!! About the only days I would be caught inside was if it was raining out and then it had to be a heavy thunderstorm.

I am a huge Ghostbusters mega fan. I have tons and tons of expensive Ghostbusters collectibles. 😆

That little collection might be worth some $$$.

A buddy of mine deployed a few years back, I kept some stuff for him in my attic because he cancelled the rent on his place. He casually mentioned that one of the boxes had a bunch of old Nintendo stuff & said I could use it.

I grew up on that stuff in the 80s, so I took it all out & hooked it up in the living room. Had a blast while he was gone for almost a year. When he got back I offered him cash to keep it, but he wouldn’t entertain it.

On another note in the early 80s I had enough He-Man figures, castles, & vehicles to fill up my front yard. GI Joe as well. Could have made a fortune on eBay.
might be worth something, but not enough for me to split with it. I have a blast when I get it out for about 15 minutes at a crack until I get frustrated and lose patience with the gameplay.

This is the only thing ive kept ahold of over the years. not a gamer by any means and cant even remember the last time I hooked it up and played it. pretty much only played the first or second level of Mario games then shut it down.
View attachment 292655
We still pull ours out at my parents house and play duck hunt Every once in a while.

I still have the microscope I got for Christmas in 1965. My youngest granddaughter asks a ton of questions about it and I'll probably give it to her when she's a tad older.

I still ride the bike I got for not flunking 8th grade in 1970, though it has gone through many mods since then.
49848159722_6422d2473c_z.jpg

That's a nice collection. I spy a gold case Zelda and Kid Icarus, burned some time on those. I still have mine but my USB NES controllers kinda took over as the NES itself isn't getting any younger.

I destroyed thousands and thousands of dollars in Stomper trucks if you can believe what they are selling for on ebay, not one survived.

Recently I restored (got working) my brothers Tamiya RC car along with mine. That was a fun project. His hasn't been reproduced but mine has so his was more work that's for sure.

Edit: my neighbors kid was driving my RC car and I told him when I got it, he looked at me for a second or two and said, "that's older than my dad!"

I still have much of the electronic test equipment I bought when I was a teen, but as far as "childhood toys", just a couple.

My childhood wagon that I sold to a co-worker in about 1998, and got back in 2016 went from this:
lrw-1.jpg

To this:
lrw-as.jpg

I also have a tin "Mosler Jr." safe, and I'm sure a couple of other things that I can't remember right now.