Do you still have / enjoy any childhood toys?

I have quite a few....

Erector Set
Microscope
Two dozen or so unopened Hess trucks
Gordon & Smith Fiberflex Bowl Rider skateboard, with Tracker trucks and Kryptonics wheels
All of my Boy Scout camping equipment
Just found a few unopened balsa wood airplane kits, with the rubber band powered prop
A Pillsbury Doughboy doll I had when I was single-digits old (I am fifty nine now)
A suitcase filled with magic tricks, cups, chinese rings, tons of silks.
Cloud 9 mummy sleeping bag I got for my sixteenth birthday
many more that my wife would love to see cleaned out of the attic

Reactions: Cheesy
I wish I still had these the SSP smash up derby
s-l1600.jpg

Still have my original Atari game system, also GI Joes with the pull string in the neck to make the talk....yes born on 1967
I had an original Atari and Nintendo with every game every made for them. I remember going to a video game competition back in the day. Just like the movie Pixels. I came is 2nd place out of like 300 competitors. My prize was the brand new Asteroids cartridge for the Atari 2600. Good times back then.
I gave away both consoles to my brother years ago. He still has them set up in his man cave.

I do still have an AFX set that I pull out of the closet every once in a while.

You GI Joes with the pull string are probably worth some coin.

I have the Pumpmaster 760 pellet gun that I got for Christmas when I was 8 or so. The barrel is loose so it doesn't get much use.

The new versions aren't rifled so I replaced it with a 2100.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I have the Pumpmaster 760 pellet gun that I got for Christmas when I was 8 or so. The barrel is loose so it doesn't get much use.

The new versions aren't rifled so I replaced it with a 2100.
I remember my Crossman 760. That was one of the best pellet guns to have. You could write to Crossman when the piston seals blew out and they would send you free replacements.

Reactions: InOmaha
No, but my Barbie is the pre millennial version. She still has the rack on her not the b-cup version.
I am thinking of picking up the new gender neutral version.
The old ones have GOT to be worth some bucks. I don't know if its still true or not - but at one time the largest clothing manufacturer in the world was Mattel. For Barbie dolls!

Reactions: williambmac
The days of NICE keyboards. You can't get a keyboard that good for love nor money now. Even the VIC=20 had a far superior keyboard to anything available today.
There's actually many custom makers of computer keyboards, putting out extremely high quality cnc'ed keyboards as the norm now.

I would say the quality, customization for typing feel (switches, mounting options), looks, options in keycaps, etc are much better now. Check out Geekhack, it's like this forum but for mechanical keyboards.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobertJ
I have four of them now plus a C128. My vintage computer room is pretty cool. I also have a 486 and low end Pentium to play vintage IBM games.

I want to build a pimped out 486DX2-66 for that purpose.

I was born in '73 and have been into video games since there was such a thing. I had a IBM 8088 in 1986, or thereabouts.

This is my setup now.

IMG_20210916_184552497.jpg

Reactions: RobertJ
There's actually many custom makers of computer keyboards, putting out extremely high quality cnc'ed keyboards as the norm now.

I would say the quality, customization for typing feel (switches, mounting options), looks, options in keycaps, etc are much better now. Check out Geekhack, it's like this forum but for mechanical keyboards.
There are a LOT of good mechanical keyboards on the market now.
I'll take a look at Geekhack - see what that's all about. I'm *very* particular about what I really want in a keyboard, and I haven't been able to get it for probably 30 years. Many come close, none are as good as even a VIC=20. No slope, no travel, stepped keys, clicking keys, capslock where control is supposed to be, no steps between the rows, or oddball sized keys. Everything has some, most, or all of the above that I've found. So I'll see what geekhack has to say, thanx!

I had an original Atari and Nintendo with every game every made for them. I remember going to a video game competition back in the day. Just like the movie Pixels. I came is 2nd place out of like 300 competitors. My prize was the brand new Asteroids cartridge for the Atari 2600. Good times back then.
I gave away both consoles to my brother years ago. He still has them set up in his man cave.

I do still have an AFX set that I pull out of the closet every once in a while.

You GI Joes with the pull string are probably worth some coin.
I believe we still have the army jeep and space ship for them as well.

Reactions: williambmac