Do you talk to your Jeep?

LOL My sons jeep is Fefe short for FeS2 (Iron Pyrite)
it is desert sand/brass colored but the name is a nod to people calling it Gold

tj.jpg

Reactions: 02SteelBlue
Talking to any vehicle I drive is essential. Vehicles have personalities and quirks just like people. An occasional patting the dash and telling them they are a "good girl" is a required PMCS step. Same with patting a fender at the beginning and end of a drive.

IDK about naming tho... that just sounds weird ;-)

An occasional patting the dash and telling them they are a "good girl"...

My wife does that all the time to our Silverado. When we first got married she took it back to where we are originally from in WV to help her mom with some stuff. It was snowy and lots of ice and her first experience using four wheel drive. She's loved that old '99 Silverado ever since and calls it her best friend. LOL

I usually do the fender pat thing. : )

"Come on sweetie, lets get through this"... is the banter when I am nervously going through an obstacle.. usually cliffside or some steep grade.

Also... "just gotta let her walk on down" is what I am saying as we go back down that same steep mtn trail.

Not much of giving names other than "her" or "old girl". But I have referred to my jeep as a "mtn goat" and "desert infidel"

I often talk to mine....even if I'm just getting something from the garage (not Jeep related) I'll pat the fender and say something like.. 'I'll take you out tomorrow' or 'you need a bath' or 'Not long now and you'll those new shoes'.....I think I need a girlfriend !!!

Yep all the time, it usually involves foul language. I think my relationship with my LJ is probably border line abusive... Although I'm not sure who's giving and who's getting...

The ram tow rig always gets a fender pad and called a good goat when it gets home from a long tow or a harrowing drive.

The Mazda 3 has no sole and therefore gets no respect. As a ginger I can definitely say it's not there to steal.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: 02SteelBlue
Only since I put a Radio in!!!. Can't repeat what I say but here's some stuff I Bi**h about blown fuses, Dash lights flicker(had to direct wire always on)Use of USB Port on radio kills its memory/sound. I installed it, things were really bad so I took it to audio shop $80.00 later. All the stuff I said is happening started. Yea I talk to the jeep one more thing can't hear radio over 40 MPH.

The Mazda 3 has no sole and therefore gets no respect. As a ginger I can definitely say it's not there to steal.

Blasphemy... haha.

But seriously, the mazda 3 is one of the few compact cars with soul. I love my 2015 with the 2.5 and the 6 speed. It’s also reviewed quite well in car and driver and road and track.

Last edited: