Does a cold air intake add power on a 4.0?

I recently bought a 1997 Jeep Wrangler it has an air raid cold air intake on it. It's pathetic looking it's a metal tube in a hot engine bay with a filter that is sucking hot air and then the tube is absorbing all the heat. Nevertheless it's annoying when I step on the gas and randomly when the torque converter is locked up I can hear a whistle from the intake. I will gladly ship this intake to anyone that wants to sell me or ship back a stock intake for a 1997 TJ

I will gladly ship this intake to anyone that wants to sell me or ship back a stock intake for a 1997 TJ
I felt dreadful reading this because I know how much these stock intakes are going for used on ebay. Make sure the hold down clips are there, mine turned to dust and blew away.
Other than that I have no complaints, the stock set up is great overall even with deep water crossings, I've had water over my hood and not a drop got into the engine 🙂

I recently bought a 1997 Jeep Wrangler it has an air raid cold air intake on it. It's pathetic looking it's a metal tube in a hot engine bay with a filter that is sucking hot air and then the tube is absorbing all the heat. Nevertheless it's annoying when I step on the gas and randomly when the torque converter is locked up I can hear a whistle from the intake. I will gladly ship this intake to anyone that wants to sell me or ship back a stock intake for a 1997 TJ
I can likely round up a stock intake that is yours for the cost of shipping. I don't want that piece of shit you have so you can find some fool to sell it to.

Awesome! I've been looking for a nice cold air intake! I'll PM you!

I can likely round up a stock intake that is yours for the cost of shipping. I don't want that piece of shit you have so you can find some fool to sell it to.

Dammit!

:)

Absolutely if it's in good working condition I'll take it lmk. Inbox me when you can. I have PayPal.

If you’ve got an air intake and tube for an 05-06 I’d love to have one. I’m living with some air raid s—- and a k&n filter ibmnstalled by a PO. It sounds horrible and isn’t exactly helping my engine. I’ll pay whatever. Everything is getting an overhaul.

Video is up for better or worse. I apologize in advance for the lack in production quality. I am many things, but a videographer or narrator I am not.

Everything I thought I knew is a lie. I'm off to install an angry grill and 20s.

Reactions: Jezza
Video is up for better or worse. I apologize in advance for the lack in production quality. I am many things, but a videographer or narrator I am not.

Great video, Jezza. Interesting to see actual dyno runs on this.

I've watched Engine Masters do intake comparations on their engine dyno, and that style of velocity stack intake (even with a filter) always wins.

Thanks for taking the time to do this video. But I was mostly impressed with you swapping the intakes with one hand...

Great video, Jezza. Interesting to see actual dyno runs on this.

I've watched Engine Masters do intake comparations on their engine dyno, and that style of velocity stack intake (even with a filter) always wins.

Thanks for taking the time to do this video. But I was mostly impressed with you swapping the intakes with one hand...
I watched that video as well. Interesting results. The velocity stack I printed was a copy of a test someone else did. I just stole the dimensions and resized the part to fit. The clamp on the velocity stack got me. It kept spinning around, otherwise I would have been 3 for 3.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Fake news. Clearly when you set the camera down to "tighten the clamp" on the velocity stack, you actually went and made changes to the dyno parameters to fake your results 😆

Thanks for taking your time to do this man. I wish I had your toys to play with. If you need anybody to go drive that Viper for you to keep the tires from dry rotting, just let me know 👍😊

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Y'all have no idea what your talking about?
If you want maximum gains, ya gotta put the stickers on!

IMG_1555.JPG

Reactions: MikekiM
Read this today in an old Mopar manual. I wonder if this bit of information will convince those who believe there is no benefit to replacing the factory filter.

View attachment 444121

I'd put that right over in the same category as the warning to never tow the TJ on a tow dolly with the front wheels not turning or damage to the t-case will result.

Reactions: KingCarGuyZ
I'd put that right over in the same category as the warning to never tow the TJ on a tow dolly with the front wheels not turning or damage to the t-case will result.

Ha, well it would on mine.