Does any have the part number for the flywheel on a 2001 TJ 4.0?

Npcun1996

Does any have the part number for the flywheel on a 2001 TJ 4.0.

My NV3550 is starting to act up along with the clutch. I took it to a shop and they want to install the Rockland Terminator transmission and new OEM clutch and flywheel. They want $1600 for clutch and flywheel alone and told me the flywheel is almost $900 of that. Im looking to do the swap myself as they want almost $5000 to do it at the shop but I don’t see any flywheels online that are $900 or close to it I just want to make sure I am looking at the right stuff.

What is the reason for wanting to replace the flywheel? There’s no reason it should need to be replaced. At the most it might need resurfacing, but unless it’s broken or something is seriously wrong with it I see no reason to replace it.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I have read and they also said it can’t be resurfaced because it is a specific style. But I am seeing some online for around $200 so for that much I might just replace it to prevent having to open it back up later but I would probably wait to order it until I look at the one now it does have 200,000 miles on it.

They're right that it can't be (easily) resurfaced because it's not a flat friction surface. But, it's also a solid chunk of metal, not some complicated dual-mass flywheel.

I know shops have to make some money somewhere but Rockauto has five flywheel options for under $80 plus shipping, and only one that costs $124 before shipping. $900 is egregious.

Mine had obvious hot spots on it so I replaced it. Maybe not absolutely needed but having everything new was enough incentive for me while I had everything apart.

This is the one I ended up with:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/luk-lfw484

I believe this has the correct non-flat friction surface to match the OEM design.