Does anyone have experience with Smittybilt XRC fenders?

David Overbay

TJ Enthusiast
So I have a bad rust issue and these seem like the best replacement. Does anyone have experience installin then how hard is? What do you have to modify? And pics of them installed on your rigs. Thanks

I've never installed them so I can't comment on that. I can say that I had a set of Smittybilt nerf bars and they rusted through completely, very, very fast!

Smittybilt (along with the other Chinese stuff) is typically made with cheap, thin metal that doesn't last too long. If you're on a budget, I get it, but if you can afford something better I would opt for another product.

what are some other products for fender replacement and some about prices?
I've never installed them so I can't comment on that. I can say that I had a set of Smittybilt nerf bars and they rusted through completely, very, very fast!

Smittybilt (along with the other Chinese stuff) is typically made with cheap, thin metal that doesn't last too long. If you're on a budget, I get it, but if you can afford something better I would opt for another product.

I've been running those XRC Fenders (flareless), as well as their corner armor, for over 5 years. Had budget not been an issue back then, I would've considered Metalcloak or Poison Spyder.

Smittybilt quality is hit and miss, and I've been extremely lucky. The fender fit was exact, and they've been through a lot of scrapes on the rocks and the powdercoat has held up flawlessly. I've been extremely happy with them.

The cheaper fenders like these retain the stock inner fender, so you essentially trim your outer fender and these attach over the top. Smittybilt provides a template so you know exactly what to cut.

mid_3.jpg

mid_4.jpg

88A37162-0605-4D6D-8162-D2E195C5934F_zpshl9yp6vv.jpg

^^ As you can see, after I installed these fenders I found some LED lights that fit perfectly into the tiny slot up front, and then I added the JK lights to my grill, for the respective turn signal/marker lights.

Everyone here locally that have installed the Smittybilt fenders complain of rust and lack of sufficient paint on their product.

Just a heads up, if you're already having rust issues, you may want to consider a few extra layers of paint or a good powdercote prior to installation....or go with better/higher quality fenders.

image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Let me see your fenders and how hard are they to install?
Oh they are a complete bolt in replacement with aluminum fender wells , the 6" flare that I chose was extra, overall a have $800.00 for everything, fronts only not rears I just cut my rear flares. I used 2015 JK front parking lights & clear factory TJ sidemarkers

Reactions: bostontj and JFjeld