Does anyone have suggestions for a small but efficient air compressor?

Ive seen both in action but never timed a race between them. Too busy still filling tires with my Viair :) CO2 is fast though.
Depending on the engine rpm, the York can be faster or slower than CO2.

I also consider the time it takes for full setup and take down. If your hose and filler are buried and slow to attach to whatever, it will add to the overall time.

And you don’t have to pay to refill a York…
You don't but Yorks are not maintenance free up to and including the replacement of the compressor. I've been around more than one that removed a York system because the compressor took a shit. The thing I find more than a bit odd is York fanatics quite often go to a different method after being fully religious about them right after they have a problem that requires a lot of work.

Reactions: suicideking
I have use CO2 most of the time, but have a Viair 400H mounted under the hood as a backup for when I run out/forget to refill the CO2. The Viair 400 series works well for 35's or less. A little slow for 37's.

CO2 is fast and won't fail, but prices have increased for refills. It was around $13 a year ago. Went up to over $20 after January. I've also considered getting the Puma installed.

How does the York compare with a CO2 tank? I’ve never personally seen a York in action.
Roughly the same speed, I have a CO2 tank now and had a York on my previous TJ. Speed-wise that means you can refill four 35x12.50R15 tires from 8 to 25 psi in roughly 5 minutes total.

Personally, though I really liked my York, I'd put my own CO2 tank together. You can do that for roughly the same cost as a compressor that wouldn't be nearly as fast as the CO2 or York. Just buy a 10 lb. aluminum CO2 tank for roughly $100 from an online beverage supplies distributor, buy a regulator, and the little fittings and hose can be sourced locally.

This place looks to have put the whole thing together for not much more than you can build it yourself for. https://www.eadoffroad.com/poly-performance-ppi-2302-co2-kit though I would add my own 'universal' quick disconnect fitting to it using an angled fitting as I did.

Regulator-2.jpg

I forget, how long did one of your 37's take with the monster valves? It was crazy fast.
37's? Oh, Trevor, that just hurts....

;)

Here is what the monster valves did on my old beadlocks with 40x14.50x17 Krawlers. 25 down to 10 in about 17 seconds. 10 up to 25 in about 15 seconds with the CO2.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
37's? Oh, Trevor, that just hurts....

;)

Here is what the monster valves did on my old beadlocks with 40x14.50x17 Krawlers. 25 down to 10 in about 17 seconds. 10 up to 25 in about 15 seconds with the CO2.

Oh it was on the 40's for that, even more impressive. CO2 always seems like the most convenient option to me, I get several 4 tire fills out of just a 10lb tank on my 33's. 40's maybe not some much lol

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
The same compressor used in the linked compressor/tank combo is also available without a tank which opens up many more mounting options. Look for Puma p/n DE07.
It does come by itself but I tend to buy the whole mess to get some of the pertinent bits that already fit the compressor like the output line which is designed for the hot air exiting the compressor head. You also get a pressure switch and some other things that make it easier.

Can someone clue me in on what's the idea with this puma compressor? It appears to be a small 110v air compressor. What am I missing? Sorry, I'm still new to the air compressor connoisseur group.

Can someone clue me in on what's the idea with this puma compressor? It appears to be a small 110v air compressor. What am I missing? Sorry, I'm still new to the air compressor connoisseur group.
Look up the part number and it will tell you the answer. Or if you want to see one in use, look back in the thread at the Extreme Outback version.

Reactions: TJ Starting