Does anyone know what brand of shock this is?

Kaptainkid1

TJ Enthusiast
The seller says Pro Comp but I can't find them on the Pro comp website. The seller says they are 4"lift shocks never used and priced at $250 for all four.
Are they worth it?
Thinking I can negotiate down to $200.
Screenshot_20191213-083242_OfferUp.jpg

Last edited:
Before you buy measure the collapsed/extended lengths and then measure your rig. Buying shocks based on "x" amount of lift is not the correct way to buy shocks.
Thanks for the TIP. I didnt consider these requirements when buying used shocks. It's a sound way to approach to take on any replacements shocks. These came up and I thought these would be a good replacement for cheap if they work and fit my Jeep. I'm in a process of modding and fixing up my Jeep I'm guessing it will take 2 year to finish. I'm in no rush.
So I'm working on upgrading some parts on my 3.5" lift which was done by the previous owner. So I noticed as I dig deeper certain parts we're not replaced for the lift like lower and upper control arms. Those will go on next. I thought the current Rancho 5000x shocks made for a 3-4" lift can stay until I find a better set. So I saw these up for sale and thought they would be an upgrade and perfect replacement when I do my next series of mods. So I'm looking for deals.
Do you know the brand of these shocks?
Do you think I'm heading down the right path if these part fit and will be an upgrade down the road?

Thanks for the TIP. I didnt consider these requirements when buying used shocks. It's a sound way to approach to take on any replacements shocks. These came up and I thought these would be a good replacement for cheap if they work and fit my Jeep. I'm in a process of modding and fixing up my Jeep I'm guessing it will take 2 year to finish. I'm in no rush.
So I'm working on upgrading some parts on my 3.5" lift which was done by the previous owner. So I noticed as I dig deeper certain parts we're not replaced for the lift like lower and upper control arms. Those will go on next. I thought the current Rancho 5000x shocks made for a 3-4" lift can stay until I find a better set. So I saw these up for sale and thought they would be an upgrade and perfect replacement when I do my next series of mods. So I'm looking for deals.
Do you think I'm heading down the right path if these part fit and will be an upgrade down the road?
The shocks you have now are more than likely the best you'll find, unless they are in need of replacing.
Reservoir shocks are not an upgrade unless you are into heavy off roading. But for looks, go for it.

I'm in a process of modding and fixing up my Jeep I'm guessing it will take 2 year to finish. I'm in no rush.
If I had to pick something I would say they almost look like old bilsteins. Thats just a guess though. If you're that far out from completion, I wouldnt even focus on shocks now.

Reactions: B252
If I had to pick something I would say they almost look like old bilsteins. Thats just a guess though. If you're that far out from completion, I wouldnt even focus on shocks now.
Right now the Jeep is up and running and when I say it's a two-year project it means I would do a lot of weekend jobs taking stuff apart and modding and then putting back together it will be a runner for 2 years but be under construction.
So I'm collecting parts to try to run 35 inch wheels and front and rear differential lockers and regearing. Consider a backyard paint job. It's work in progress and is a weekend toy.

Last edited:
4 shocks under $200 with reservoir. For a 4" lift.

And they probably need to be rebuilt, so factor in more money there. And better yet, are the even rebuildable?

Unless you know for sure how many miles are on them.

I think the trend here is maybe hold out for something better and not so mysterious

Ad says never used but I noticed the end clips are rusty.

Yeah, it would be worth looking at for sure. Shocks (like anything else) go bad over time (even if they have just been sitting for 10 years), so it's worth looking into.

I was thinking Bilstein as well.

Not knowing what they are means you don't know anything about the valving. The reservoir is absolutely meaningless if the valving is not appropriate for your Jeep. All you might end up with is a set of shocks that ride like crap but don't fade as quickly.

Bilstein may be a great shock for some vehicles. But the 5100 is not a good shock for a TJ, despite it's popularity. Other Bilsteins may be better. It's all about the valving, the fit and the vehicle weight. All of that is a mystery here.

Bilstein may be a great shock for some vehicles. But the 5100 is not a good shock for a TJ, despite it's popularity. Other Bilsteins may be better. It's all about the valving, the fit and the vehicle weight. All of that is a mystery here.
Well my rig will be loaded for weekend camping for fire trail and dirt roads. Currently she has roof rack and tire swing out rockhard with basket. Its will be heavy when offroading. Arb fridge and maybe RTT. Too. Solar, shower,water and gas etc.
Here she was this past summer.
20190801_145053.jpg

Last edited:
Well my rig will be loaded for weekend camping for fire trail and dirt roads. Currently she has roof rack and tire swing out rockhard with basket. Its will be heavy when offroading. Arb fridge and maybe RTT. Too. Solar, shower,water and gas etc.
Here she was this past summer. View attachment 129202

That's too much stuff. And it won't make those shocks be something they might not be.

Reactions: Kaptainkid1
That's too much stuff. And it won't make those shocks be something they might not be.
I started off super heavy and now I'm dwindling down my gear to lighten my loads for the next trips. Like no 10x10, no tent and use a hammock and sleep in the jeep since it's just me.

Heavy duty shocks in the rear might help you if it's bottoming out a lot. Make sure your bumpstops are set up correctly too.

Having the right length shocks for the build and sufficient up travel goes a long way as well.

Reactions: Kaptainkid1