Does anyone know what brand of shock this is?

You're trying to convince yourself this is a good find. Pass. There are far better shocks and setups out there that are known to work and not a gamble

You also don't need remote reservoir shocks unless you're planning to cycle the suspension so fast and for so long that you'd have fade/overheating issues with conventional shocks. I doubt you're planning to run the Baja 1000. Most people waste money on them only because they look cool and gain no real benefit.

Reactions: Kaptainkid1
Heavy duty shocks in the rear might help you if it's bottoming out a lot. Make sure your bumpstops are set up correctly too.
The shocks are not the purpose for heavy loads. That's my understanding I thought heavy duty springs is for load and shocks is for control. My solution for extra weight was Air Lift 1000 airbags for helper springs. My airbags can lift the rear 1000 lbs max compression during hard travel. Easy and cheap solution for sag. $80 for airbags.
My jeep is always leveled the problem with bags is hampers my rear articulation.
20191212_190227.jpg
IMG_20190808_184216.jpg

You also don't need remote reservoir shocks unless you're planning to cycle the suspension so fast and for so long that you'd have fade/overheating issues with conventional shocks. I doubt you're planning to run the Baja 1000. Most people waste money on them only because they look cool and gain no real benefit.
or for those of us in the desert where the temps are over 100 for weeks at a time...

The shocks are not the purpose for heavy loads. That's my understanding I thought heavy duty springs is for load and shocks is for control. My solution for extra weight was Air Lift 1000 airbags for helper springs. My airbags can lift the rear 1000 lbs max compression during hard travel. Easy and cheap solution for sag. $80 for airbags.
My jeep is always leveled the problem with bags is hampers my rear articulation. View attachment 129220
That thing looks like a butt plug, lol

Get some springs and shocks so you dont have to band aide it with unknown or unproven products, and another inch or 2 of lift will help with your tire size and load. IMHO

That thing looks like a butt plug, lol

Get some springs and shocks so you dont have to band aide it with unknown or unproven products, and another inch or 2 of lift will help with your tire size and load. IMHO
So you know how a butt plug looks like. Lol
My Jeep Girls always gives a good prolapse.
Honestly been running Airlift 1000 on three SUV for 8 years. These things really help in a pinch. Great for towing and leveling rear end sag. Totally stiffens the rear end support and safety. I tow motorcycle on my Jeep and you need these bags otherwise its dangerous. That's my opinion.
20161208_135503.jpg
20161205_101016.jpg

Last edited:
Well, sort of. There's really only an inch or two of oil in that reservoir, but it does act as a cooler for sure. For me, the main benefits are a shorter shock package than a shock with an IFP in the shock body, and the fact that it has more nitrogen it can be valved higher with a more stable temp/pressure.

new means squat with the unknown age. they have obviously been sitting, and if just 1 has a bad internal seal your in search of at least another pair, as they do not appear to be re-build-able.

tubes do look like bilstein. it's a 250$ roll of the dice. and as mentioned, are they even the correct fit for your rig?