Does anyone know what this is?

So I picked up a pair of clevis pins and washers as shown in the thread provided by @bigwheels88 and took it for a quick spin around my neighborhood and the problem hasn't changed. It still leans when turning as I described. However, upon further inspection I did notice the arm is slightly bent. Is this normal? The arm on the driver side is completely straight whereas the arm on the passenger side is slightly bent. The second photo attached will show this.

Is a pair of new sway bar link disconnects my next steps?
That looks like hardware store stuff, not what should be used on the suspension. They should be SOLID once installed. My bet is they will break.

Last edited:
So I picked up a pair of clevis pins and washers as shown in the thread provided by @bigwheels88 and took it for a quick spin around my neighborhood and the problem hasn't changed. It still leans when turning as I described. However, upon further inspection I did notice the arm is slightly bent. Is this normal? The arm on the driver side is completely straight whereas the arm on the passenger side is slightly bent. The second photo attached will show this.

Is a pair of new sway bar link disconnects my next steps?
The fact that one is slightly bent (those are aftermarket links) will make little to no difference. What will make a difference is if the connection is loose and sloppy.

Now THIS guy is a hoarder! Where I bought my Studebaker bumper from.

2C4AF6F9-7FB3-4227-B71A-9F9C23713139.jpeg

B88146FD-DED8-4CC3-A490-18281EB8BEC2.jpeg

DB2FFB3B-31F6-4309-AE2C-0AA0EB00827E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: abe abel
... What will make a difference is if the connection is loose and sloppy.

Agreed. The problem with that type of homemade disconnect is that the sloppy connections create a dead spot where the sway bar doesn't do anything until the clevis pins bind against the mounts. That translates into increased body roll while connected. Eventually the mounting holes will wallow out.

2003 Rubicon