Does anyone recognize this hardtop?

Dave tj

Hi Folks. New here. We have a 2002 to with an unknown hardtop which we would like to know if anyone recognizes this top. We need hinges and don't know where to go. We've been looking at hardtops but only 1 manufacturer has these narrow hinges and they say it's not theirs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
20190113_125613.jpg
20190113_125712.jpg
20190113_125657.jpg

It is a top for a TJ, or the header wouldn't match with the top. Not familiar with that type, though.

The door channel (door/tub area) does not look like it follows the door line. The top leaves a 1-1.5" gap from the windshield area as well. Also, the latches/glass design are similar to that of the CJ/YJ years. Just my thoughts, I don't think it is a TJ top.

Unless it's some kind of cheapo TJ knock-off safari type top.

That's an odd one with how it rises in the rear. Thought of Rallytop, Bulldawg, Smittybilt and Camperking, but none. When I bought my hardtop I looked through endless brands and I never came across one that looks like that. The attached image is close, but that's for an LJ. This one was designed by Jeff Scherb, and it's a prototype, so I don't know if he licensed it out.

@Chris - Is Jeff Scherb on the forum, he may know.

LJCompare1.jpg

That's an odd one with how it rises in the rear. Thought of Rallytop, Bulldawg, Smittybilt and Camperking, but none. When I bought my hardtop I looked through endless brands and I never came across one that looks like that. The attached image is close, but that's for an LJ. This one was designed by Jeff Scherb, and it's a prototype, so I don't know if he licensed it out.

@Chris - Is Jeff Scherb on the forum, he may know.

View attachment 72365

Not sure about Jeff being on the forum or not.

Reactions: skrelnik
Thank you Chris. And thank you all who have shared ideas. The big problem is hinges for the back window.... We don't have any and thought Smittybuilt were pretty close. But I was unable to get through to Smittybuilt and finally hung up. But if we can get some hinges, we will get a lexan piece made.
Once again.... Thanks