Does anyone run a bikini top in the summer?

I got tired of the bikini top, switched over to the Trektop. Some people don't like the fastback look but I don't mind it. In the summer you just zip off the windows & you have a bikini top that goes all the way to the back. If it looks like weather you just throw the windows back on.

I really wish they had that for the LJ. I have two of the tops that go in the no drill header and they are about impossible to get on. The front part keeps popping out of the header channel.
I the the back and sides out of the soft top along with the doors on April fools day until around Halloween.

Have always done that and the full top minus sides and rear actually work better than any of the (wet left leg) bikini/safari tops.

Reactions: Darsmith
I got tired of the bikini top, switched over to the Trektop. Some people don't like the fastback look but I don't mind it. In the summer you just zip off the windows & you have a bikini top that goes all the way to the back. If it looks like weather you just throw the windows back on.
I have a trektop for the LJ also, I got it because my TJ had it and I liked it. I've only had the windows in for one day but the top on the LJ for some reason seems to be louder than the one that was on the TJ.

I have a trektop for the LJ also, I got it because my TJ had it and I liked it. I've only had the windows in for one day but the top on the LJ for some reason seems to be louder than the one that was on the TJ.
Maybe just more surface are to make noise?

Did you get the the thicker fabric? I just got the regular one, my TJ doesn’t get used much more than a backup when it’s cold & the windows are on, supposedly the thicker version makes a difference in NVH.

Did you get the the thicker fabric? I just got the regular one, my TJ doesn’t get used much more than a backup when it’s cold & the windows are on, supposedly the thicker version makes a difference in NVH.
I'm pretty sure the LJ version is only offered in the base fabric. The cross bar is what makes the most noise in this one.

Ordered. Thank you all.

My TJ came with this horrible bikini top that straps down to the tub in the rear corners with "L"-shaped brackets that affix to the lip inside of the tub. You can't ride at 55MPH+ for very long before one (or both) of those brackets blows loose then it bangs around the rear of the Jeep with the wind. Inevitably this happens where there's no good place to pull over and re-tighten.

I can't over-state how helpful this site has been in the mods I've put in my TJ.

Reactions: qslim
Yes, there is is .. but it is VERY hard to find. MOPAR had an OEM option called the "sun bonnet" bikini top that attaches to the front just like OEM soft top and ties with straps into the roll cage in the rear. I posted some photos of it in the thread below (see toward end) and one other member posted photos of it on the Jeep. It is a really great option if you can find one. Just keep an eye on ebay/CL, don't think it was sold in large numbers. I posted a pdf with all the relevant part numbers in my reply in page 2 or 3.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/are-all-bikini-tops-created-equal.23843/
I have one of these that I will sometimes run on my LJ but since I garage the jeep in the summer/fall/spring and run a hardtop in the winter I usually just go with a sun shade like this https://www.spiderwebshade.com/collections/lj/products/sw1-lj-1if I need to catch a break from the heat of the sun and drive something else if rain is imminent.