Does anyone speak autocorrect?

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
Trying to help a customer and this is what he sent me. I think he is saying the rotors are locked up but I'm not quite sure.

OK so I got the roaders and the paths and one side of the Jeep the road or is touching the brake Guard Andwhen I tighten the lug nut and causing it to lock upCan you please help me with a suggestion I have A97TJ

No way... is it April Fools early or did someone actually write that?

I’m not sure I understand a word that says.

Reactions: Baird

I got the first rotor and pad figured out, it was the second part- one side of the Jeep the road
that got me a bit confused due to how many emails I used to get about brakes being locked up on the side of the road from sticky calipers.

Reactions: Chris
Well, that looks like fun!

"Okay, so I got the rotors and pads and on one side of the Jeep the rotor is touching the brake guard. When I tighten the lug nut, it's causing it to lock up."

It's your basic Swahili.

Happy New Year, Blaine!

Dude, they need you working in public schools, so when all the kids start writing in "text speak", you can successfully translate it to English!

Reactions: Squatch
I got the first rotor and pad figured out, it was the second part- one side of the Jeep the road
that got me a bit confused due to how many emails I used to get about brakes being locked up on the side of the road from sticky calipers.

I understand the occasionally auto-correct errors, but that one was above and beyond the stuff I've seen.

Either way, at least you got it figured out!

Yes and no. Until you wrote it out the way you did, I didn't completely get it, but I do now. Thanks and yes, straight cut and paste from the email.
Apparently, folks have forgotten what proofreading is. I absolutely hate typos. What your customer sent you was something akin to "drunk texting"... :rolleyes:

I mostly post here from my smart phone. About every post of any length ends up with a couple of edits due to some head scratching auto correct applied. But at least I do read and edit my posts. I’ve been on instant chat with a support person for various things and have had auto correct outright embarrass me, due to not proofreading as I’m in a hurry to reply.

Reactions: Chris and Squatch
I've noticed that, despite proofreading, I can be blind to a typo until I post. Then after the formatting changes the "shapes" of the text I just wrote, I will usually see it. It is both frustrating and fascinating to me.

Another one I can't explain is that I will sometimes double type a sequence a sequence of words. I have never caught myself doing it (except that last one), so I don't understand how it happens.

Another one I can't explain is that I will sometimes double type a sequence a sequence of words. I have never caught myself doing it (except that last one), so I don't understand how it happens.
I have found myself doing that as well, but I think I know what happens. I will start with an idea of what I want to say, and then realize as I'm typing that I want to rephrase a section of the content. I will then hit the "backspace" button, but I only erase to a certain point of the original thought. However, when I begin retyping, I restart the original thought/sentence in its entirety, thereby doubling-up on the beginning sequence of words. I usually catch it in the proofreading, however. Still, I find it funny that you would mention that. :)

Reactions: Chris and jjvw
Much of what I see these days, produced by those who have their faces in one device or another, for 14 hours a day or so, is what Freud and later Jung described as "Stream of Consciousness," defined by the subconscious mind expressing itself for many thousands of words--flowing through the conscious mind--yet without the filters of punctuation and format--or the concept of time. Additionally, most of it tends to originate at Starbucks

We might then venture to call this 21st Century phenomenon: "Caffeine-Induced-Stream-of-Conscioussness-Babble."

https://tenor.com/view/baby-babble-gif-4028631

A language we may hereafter call: "Starbuckian."

:jump:

"Oh, ya, he's just speaking Starbuckian."

Last edited:
Well, this is going no place good. He replied back to me telling him that it sounds like someone installed the later unit bearings without him knowing it and said, what do I do, send the rotors back to u?

I told him I would need to be able to sell them as new to accept them as a return and asked if they were good?

He replied-I dont think i need to answer that question. Im pretty sure you know the answer. So i paid extra $ for something i cant use or return.? Nothing you can do?

All I could think of at the moment was to tell him to let me know what he wants to do and we'll do it. No response.
I pondered it some and came up with something that may work and sent it off. Basically telling him that I would let him keep the rotors and sell them locally to not lose the shipping back to us and then I would sell him a new set at a loss and split the cost with him. I pay half, he pays half. Still no response.

Well, this is going no place good. He replied back to me telling him that it sounds like someone installed the later unit bearings without him knowing it and said, what do I do, send the rotors back to u?

I told him I would need to be able to sell them as new to accept them as a return and asked if they were good?

He replied-I dont think i need to answer that question. Im pretty sure you know the answer. So i paid extra $ for something i cant use or return.? Nothing you can do?

All I could think of at the moment was to tell him to let me know what he wants to do and we'll do it. No response.
I pondered it some and came up with something that may work and sent it off. Basically telling him that I would let him keep the rotors and sell them locally to not lose the shipping back to us and then I would sell him a new set at a loss and split the cost with him. I pay half, he pays half. Still no response.
That sounds above and beyond to me. All he has to do is sell the rotors he has for more than half cost and he comes out ahead. He should have no issues doing that since they’ve never been used. Hope the customer has better common sense than English skills

My better half worked as an academic advisor at a community college and some of the student emails are much worse.

Some of it you can often chalk up to people who are new learning English as a second language since other languages often have much different or less complex grammar, but I imagine a good bit of it is often just unfamiliarity with typing on a computer.

Reactions: Chris
I wouldnt hesitate to take up that offer. Curious if he will respond at all.