Does doors off equal more tickets?

Doors off = more tickets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a neighbour who was an ex cop and he said that they would look for something obvious that was wrong or illegal as generally speaking if one thing is wrong there are probably others......
I have pulled up next to cops at traffic lights with no doors (not many people drive doorless on the open road out here) and had them say "Nice Jeep love the natural air con"....I offer them a doughnut and have no issues 🍩 lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Apparition
Might need to have one of these under the dash...

1596507602257.png

It's never wise to argue with police. Be polite and accept the ticket. You can always fight it later and almost always win. The legal system is geared towards letting offenders off the hook, remember that. Judges and state attorneys like criminals better than law abiding citizens.

I had no idea about the door thing in PA. I live about an hour west of Philly, and I'm pretty sure I've seen doorless Wranglers running around.

There are studies that have proven "red" cars and all kinds of things that cause Police to pull them over, are a myth. My LEO friends laugh, and ask if anyone has any clue how many cars they see, of all colors. Said they almost always pull people over for breaking a law of some sort. They've told me that a lot of people don't understand the "Window Tinting" laws the most. It causes a ton of argument, but when your drivers window is limo blackout, it's gonna get Police attention. Would be my guess, here in Texas, they appreciate being able to see Everything.

Just put yourself in their shoes, it is 100% fact that LEO walk up on cars and get shot, randomly. It happens, if that were you, how would you know which one is time that will happen? If they see everything and there's no mystery, then there's less risk for them, thus less conflict if you're polite. I've never won an argument with Police, that's for a court (fortunately not happened for me).

Yeah, I'm still tinting every vehicle I own.

I’ve had a Jeep CJ7 for over 20 years. Never been pulled over in it and it never has a top on or doors. I always figured I was less likely to get pulled over since I couldn't hide anything from anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Mine is red, only pulled over once in all my years of Jeep ownership. Stormy night, got pulled over for weaving - the Trooper thought I might be drunk. No, just a Jeep in the wind.
My car is red, last time I got pulled over was 13 years ago. I earned that speeding ticket though.

Valentine 1 and Waze help

Reactions: randy328
I had no idea about the door thing in PA. I live about an hour west of Philly, and I'm pretty sure I've seen doorless Wranglers running around.

So now that I've been paying attention I see a lot of doorless Wranglers. Just a week ago saw a 4 door full of people with no doors drive right past a cop, who did nothing.

Might still technically be a law, but I bet most cops either don't know about it or don't care.

Reactions: Apparition