Does Quadratec always sell stuff they don't have in stock?

ALWAYS better service going direct if you can ! Most middleman suck & know nothing about customer service nor do they care. It's the manufacturer who's reputation is at stake. Most of the time you can't buy direct, in many cases it's cheaper through a distributor but they have little or no stock, know nothing about what they sell & horrific customer service !

I don’t understand the hate for Quadratec. My purchase history is huge; I’ve only ever had one problem with them fulfilling a replacement part.

Edit: as @billiebob mentioned below, a lot of sites specifically mention COVID-19 delays. I ordered a bag for my Harley last week and was stunned how quickly it arrived.

Last edited:
Reactions: chad and billiebob
I don't think anyone has great inventories right now. COVID has most manufacturers, retailers, transport companies on skeleton staff levels. Things I used to order overnite for work are on a 3-6 week backorder.

It is hard to give great service when half the staff is gone.

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
I don't buy a whole lot of stuff from them but what I have purchased (seven or eight orders in the past three or four years) I've received pretty quickly. I've ordered the wrong stuff twice and they gave me absolutely no grief in exchanging for the right part. I'd like to think my experience isn't unique.

Reactions: chad
Had the same problem with summit racing. Order 2 sets of spicer ball joints, they were in stock at first, then got an email saying they would ship on june 6, on june 6 got another email saying the new date is the 22nd. I was charged the same day, since im not in a hurry i dont mind the wait but it can be very frustrating for someone need a part asap.

aside from that, never had any other issues with summit. Their prices are really good on some jeep stuff.

Ordered JKS rear sway bar links from Quadratec today. Shipped today. I would have preferred to order from Amazon and have the kick back go to this forum but the delivery estimate was something like June 28. I'm tired of hearing the constant clunking.

It's been how many days? Still no refund to my card. I may have to put them up there with 4WP. I will never do business with those jokers again.

Ordered JKS rear sway bar links from Quadratec today. Shipped today. I would have preferred to order from Amazon and have the kick back go to this forum but the delivery estimate was something like June 28. I'm tired of hearing the constant clunking.
My order for JKS rear sway bar links from Quadratec arrived today. When I opened the package I was very surprised to find a YJ extended rear brake line instead of what I ordered.

• Angry
Reactions: IPerkWVU
It's been how many days? Still no refund to my card. I may have to put them up there with 4WP. I will never do business with those jokers again.

Now I’m curious. How many other orders have you put in with Quadratec, aside from this one?

Now I’m curious. How many other orders have you put in with Quadratec, aside from this one?

I'd have to dig back thru my email. Why?

I've run a retail website. I know how simple it is to track inventory or simply not list things that aren't in stock. Or mark them backordered. This isnt rocket science. Its misleading.

Reactions: Zorba
Well if they have a bunch of children running the place, or someone who does not know software, it would always be wrong...just sayn

I'd have to dig back thru my email. Why?

You don't have to dig back through your email. Just check your account order history on their website.

I'm asking because I want to know if you're making a claim based on a single order during an international pandemic or if this is a regular occurrence and you have a legitimate gripe.

I've run a retail website. I know how simple it is to track inventory or simply not list things that aren't in stock. Or mark them backordered.

I sincerely doubt you've run a retail website to the same capacity as one of the largest aftermarket parts distributors in the world.

This isnt rocket science. Its misleading.

It sounds to me like you're just being grumpy.

You don't have to dig back through your email. Just check your account order history on their website.

I'm asking because I want to know if you're making a claim based on a single order during an international pandemic or if this is a regular occurrence and you have a legitimate gripe.

I sincerely doubt you've run a retail website to the same capacity as one of the largest aftermarket parts distributors in the world.

It sounds to me like you're just being grumpy.

Websites even with thousands of products can be updated with inventory very easily. And do so on a daily basis. If not several times a day. Youve got 500 floor mats. You change your database entry to 500. And the backend automatically calculates how many you sell. And how many you have left in stock. Once it hits zero the webpage automatically changes to out of stock or back ordered. Very little human intervention necessary.

This is a corporate decision. To keep peoples money for 4 or 5 days. Recoup some interest off of it. Or simply hope the customer will wait until they pay for another order of said floor mats. Instead of buying elsewhere.

Read thru this thread and forum. Many have had this experience with them for years. Its not isolated to the covid pandemic.

Am i grumpy? Sure i am. Lol. I dont like the hassle of a dishonest retailer taking my money and then not delivering product. And having to go thru the extra steps to get money back they should not have taken in the first place.

There are good honest vendors that we should be supporting. Morris and northridge to name two. 4wp's is another terrible place to do business with. They literally have no customer service beyond sales. And will bait and switch you on repairs.

In short words. Quadratec is a drop shipper. Most of there product comes from manufacturers after you pay. This can work if your a big retailer with honest policies like carid or autoanything. But i prefer to do business with jeep places that cater to our community.

Reactions: Zorba
Yada, yada, yada.

So it's safe to assume the answer to my original question about your order history, since you've been dodging more than a politician?

As someone who "ran a retail website", I would think you'd understand how unfair reviews based on singular occurrences can damage a hard-built reputation.

I'm sorry you didn't get your floor mats, but I'm sure your Jeep runs just fine without them. Trashing a company on a public forum when I'm quite sure you didn't even contact the company directly is wholly unfair.

So it's safe to assume the answer to my original question about your order history, since you've been dodging more than a politician?

As someone who "ran a retail website", I would think you'd understand how unfair reviews based on singular occurrences can damage a hard-built reputation.

I'm sorry you didn't get your floor mats, but I'm sure your Jeep runs just fine without them. Trashing a company on a public forum when I'm quite sure you didn't even contact the company directly is wholly unfair.

Here's the owner of this forum. @Chris Advising against quadratec. From past years experience. I dont need to check my account to prove quadratec is terrible. You need to search for quadratec problems on here and the internet. And then get back to me. I'm not just one guy with one problem. And no this isnt my first order with them. Ive purchaed several parts. Some without issue. But several like this. Where they take your money and then you realize they never had the product to begin with.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/wanted-to-warn-members-about-morris-4x4.36873/post-610267
Edit - its not morris and northridge. Its amazon and northridge for the win. Im sticking with them from now on.

Reactions: Hog
I didn't ask about Chris. I asked about you.

I'll just go ahead and assume I'm correct in my belief that you're whining about the one time you had a problem with the company.

I hope you get your floor mats. I'm sorry that you decided to trash a company over floor mats, a single order you had an issue with after several orders through the company. I won't know the ultimate answer to whether or not you got your floor mats because I cannot abide whiners and you're going onto my block list.

Last edited:
Here's the owner of this forum. @Chris Advising against quadratec. From past years experience. I dont need to check my account to prove quadratec is terrible. You need to search for quadratec problems on here and the internet. And then get back to me. I'm not just one guy with one problem. And no this isnt my first order with them. Ive purchaed several parts. Some without issue. But several like this. Where they take your money and then you realize they never had the product to begin with.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/wanted-to-warn-members-about-morris-4x4.36873/post-610267
Edit - its not morris and northridge. Its amazon and northridge for the win. Im sticking with them from now on.

I'm just speaking about my own personal experiences. I'm sure a lot of people have had positive experiences with Quadratec, Morris, and others. However, my experiences with them were bad, which is why I don't give them good word of mouth, and why I don't shop at those places anymore.