Does Quadratec always sell stuff they don't have in stock?

I'm just speaking about my own personal experiences. I'm sure a lot of people have had positive experiences with Quadratec, Morris, and others. However, my experiences with them were bad, which is why I don't give them good word of mouth, and why I don't shop at those places anymore.

Neither will I be.

Agreed. The difference is amazon only sells what it knows its vendors have in stock to ship today. Or soonish.

I dont mind a wait. I buy stuff from china all the time.
Usually true. I just had Amazon cancel an order I had placed like 4 weeks ago for a kitchen sink drain. Said they had inventory, come to find out they didn't.

Waiting on parts from Jegs now. Neither they or their vendor are being very forthcoming about a ship date yet.

Quadratec is not much different.

I don't know why I'm defending quadratec, maybe its the magnets....

I usually use Amazon since I have prime but I've ordered quite a few things from quadratec that come in quadratec boxes (i.e. not drop shipped) with quick shipping times. Its probably due to them being a state to the east but generally I've had good experiences.

My opinion is they use a "not quite in time" inventory system. As long as you're not in a hurry and the price is right they're ok.

I ordered my OME springs from them recently and they took a few weeks to ship. But I expected that and didn't care since I was still piecing together my lift, and they were running a sale on them.

I use them because their international shipping rates are quite good and they have a wide range of manufacturers products.

Have noticed a change lately with them stating on products not in stock when they expect to ship. Not sure how accurate is however

I bought some quarter armor.. 2 minutes later they sent me an email that they shipping date was 2.5 months away.

Kinda sucks...

Quadratec has always been my favorite place to order from. Being in PA as they are I often get the part the next day. No joke. I have a forum discount which offsets the state sales tax. When I first asked for the forum discount and was inquiring about soft top fitment the customer service was fantastic.

BUT I have not ordered from them much in the past year, and it is totally possible they've gone downhill over that time. Recently I ordered some parts, including a ZJ tie rod. Everything arrived promptly except for the tie rod kit, which arrived a while later missing the sleeve and tie rod end. First bad experience, it happens, no judgment yet. If customer service clears it up then they are still good in my book. I'll let you guys know how they handle it.

Edit: Also wanted to say I bought their Quadratop and have been really pleased with it. I like it better than the Bestop we put on our other TJ because it didn't cost an arm and a leg but is every bit as good.

I didn't read all the responses but in case no one else mentioned it the easiest thing to do with Quadratec (if you've determined they've got the best price) is to call & ask if the part is actually in stock before ordering, if it is then order it over the phone & they'll also give you the forum discount (might be the 'other' forum) and/or they'll price match. If they tell you it's not in stock then you make the call as to whether you want to wait for them to ship it or go elsewhere that has it in stock... easy & works every time.

Reactions: Mobusaki
I ordered a cheap accessory from them, then immediately cancelled the order within 5 minutes. They auto-replied with a bogus email that "Bob was running out to the truck to try and stop the shipment!" Then I got an email the next day saying they weren't able to stop the truck . . . and the thing hadn't shipped yet. Meanwhile, I ordered the same thing from Amazon for $5 less and it was delivered and installed on my daughter's XJ the next day. Still haven't received the one from QT to return - which I'm sure will be a piece of cake . . . Also, still haven't received the tailgate bar from Morris 4x4 that I ordered so long ago that I no longer remember or care - despite having a PM discussion on here with the Morris Rep who chimed in on that thread. Last I heard it would ship on 6/19 - haven't seen it, no update.

I'm unlikely to order from QT or Morris again.

Quadratec has always been my favorite place to order from. Being in PA as they are I often get the part the next day. No joke. I have a forum discount which offsets the state sales tax. When I first asked for the forum discount and was inquiring about soft top fitment the customer service was fantastic.

BUT I have not ordered from them much in the past year, and it is totally possible they've gone downhill over that time. Recently I ordered some parts, including a ZJ tie rod. Everything arrived promptly except for the tie rod kit, which arrived a while later missing the sleeve and tie rod end. First bad experience, it happens, no judgment yet. If customer service clears it up then they are still good in my book. I'll let you guys know how they handle it.

Edit: Also wanted to say I bought their Quadratop and have been really pleased with it. I like it better than the Bestop we put on our other TJ because it didn't cost an arm and a leg but is every bit as good.

Just wanted to give an update on this. The ZJ tie rod kit from Quadratec was missing some parts. I called customer support and they are sending me out a new kit no questions asked. I will keep recommending them highly. This was the first time an order hasn't been perfect and they fixed it with no hassle.