Does Quadratec always sell stuff they don't have in stock?

Yep, one reason I won’t buy from Quadratec. They say they have stuff in stock, but it’s not until you order and they charge your card that you find out they have hardly anything in stock. Quadratec is a joke.

Reactions: Hog
Yep, one reason I won’t buy from Quadratec. They say they have stuff in stock, but it’s not until you order and they charge your card that you find out they have hardly anything in stock. Quadratec is a joke.

I see the "Shop" link at the top bar and it goes to Amazon, but is there a supporting vendors link or somthing like that for the forum?

Reactions: Chris
I see the "Shop" link at the top bar and it goes to Amazon, but is there a supporting vendors link or somthing like that for the forum?

Not at the moment, because no vendors are "supporting" this forum. This forum is too small for anyone like Quadratec, Extreme Terrain, or any of those big names to care about. The TJ is dead to those guys anyways. Their focus is almost entirely on JKs and JLs now.

Using the shop from here should benefit the forum, also any amazon link posted will have the forum referral code. You can read a bit more here, which I think Chris has kept up to date: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-i-manage-to-keep-this-forum-running.986/

Correct. Thanks for the plug :)

Reactions: rasband
Yep. I ordered a locking gas flap from them 4 weeks ago or so - Goddess only knows when it'll be in. If it weren't for the fact that the sales price was HALF of what anybody else charges for it, I'd cancel. But as I'm not in any hurry, it can wait. But I've learned my lesson...

Even worse is when they force ship a sub par part you didn't order because it was crap in the first place for the same price.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Chris
Locking gas cap was backordered. Called and customer service switched vendors, matched price, and it's on the way. They told me they are backordered on a lot due to Covid. Vendors had to shut down and demand surged with many of us at home. I work for a manufacturer so I can understand. We have been running a 2 month back order since March on our critical products.

Locking gas cap was backordered. Called and customer service switched vendors, matched price, and it's on the way. They told me they are backordered on a lot due to Covid. Vendors had to shut down and demand surged with many of us at home. I work for a manufacturer so I can understand. We have been running a 2 month back order since March on our critical products.

I don't think that's whats going on here. sounds like they play this game regularly.

Which sucks cause their floor mats are hard to beat pricewise.

Reactions: KevinC74
@Moab perhaps...I have only been back into Jeep ownership for a month. When I ordered from them back in 2001 I just called a friend that worked there and he brought the stuff to the bar. The floor mats are very nice. I just installed them over the weekend.

@Moab perhaps...I have only been back into Jeep ownership for a month. When I ordered from them back in 2001 I just called a friend that worked there and he brought the stuff to the bar. The floor mats are very nice. I just installed them over the weekend.

When did u order the floor mats? They sent me an email saying 2 month delivery time. If it was a couple weeks i would have waited.

Coincidentally, I just received an email from them this morning. Apparently the locking gas flap is FINALLY on its way!

The Bestop mats are twice the price. Unless I'm missing something? The quadratec versions are $60? And the Bestop were like $100 or more.
But they don't have any :rolleyes:

2 types of "BUTCHERS" one is FULL of Bologna ..............
One butcher has all you want @ $4.99 lb - the other butcher down the block has a huge sign in his window, "LOWEST PRICE IN TOWN" only $1.99 lb except every time you go there he is sold out, but you leave with 1lb of ham, 1lb of turkey, the newspaper & a pack of cigs........... who's a "BUTCHER ? & who's full of "BOLOGNA" ???????? ;)

Reactions: Zorba
Just an FYI Northridge is doing the same shit. They will sell you something they don't have, and not notify you about it either. Ordered some parts and after two weeks, no shipping confirmation, so I called them. "Oh sorry about that, its a drop ship item and the manufacturer is out of stock, looks like it should ship some time in the next 60-90 days". 4 weeks later, still no credit from Northridge so I called again. "Ops, we see that you canceled you order, did you still want to cancel?" Uh, yeah dumb ass. Gimme my money!

Same item I ordered was in stock at Amazon for a few bucks more. These guys wonder why we don't support them.