Does Savvy offer a discount to forum members?

I think it would be good to make this one stick. Robert Kobal with RWK Haus Supply can get you a better discount than any discount code you enter into Savvy's website. As @Chris mentioned some items have a greater discount than others. I've ordered my lift and skids all from Savvy through Robert. He has saved me significantly more than Savvy's discount codes. I had him quote me the mid arm kit before I purchased their short arm and the mid arm was $500+ cheaper through him than going directly through site. He can take payments through paypal but if you write a check it can save you roughly another 5%.

Reactions: ptw
I think it would be good to make this one stick. Robert Kobal with RWK Haus Supply can get you a better discount than any discount code you enter into Savvy's website. As @Chris mentioned some items have a greater discount than others. I've ordered my lift and skids all from Savvy through Robert. He has saved me significantly more than Savvy's discount codes. I had him quote me the mid arm kit before I purchased their short arm and the mid arm was $500+ cheaper through him than going directly through site. He can take payments through paypal but if you write a check it can save you roughly another 5%.
Just got a great price on Currie
Steering. Text the number on the web site with what you need.

You will not bend it

The material it is made from was changed several years ago so make sure you're talking about the correct part. Regardless of that, I have (in the context of this discussion) an unbreakable tierod on my LJ that spans roughly 5ft I would NOT want to recreate that for my TJ.

Reactions: jjvw
The material it is made from was changed several years ago so make sure you're talking about the correct part. Regardless of that, I have (in the context of this discussion) an unbreakable tierod on my LJ that spans roughly 5ft I would NOT want to recreate that for my TJ.
What did they change?

Matt was recommending the Savvy unit with aluminum tie rod. Why would that unit not be better?

The tierod is the only part that is different between the Currie and Savvy kits (and Savvy uses jam nuts and Currie uses clamps, but that's besides the point).

The Savvy heat treated 7075 aluminum will bend (and retain the bend) just the same as Currie's steel tierod. I'd go with whichever is cheaper.

If you can get your hands on one of the original Savvy heat treated 4340 tierods that will be a different story. That's where these pictures came from:

DSC_2248.jpg

DSC_2252.jpg

Reactions: psrivats
The tierod is the only part that is different between the Currie and Savvy kits (and Savvy uses jam nuts and Currie uses clamps, but that's besides the point).

The Savvy heat treated 7075 aluminum will bend (and retain the bend) just the same as Currie's steel tierod. I'd go with whichever is cheaper.

If you can get your hands on one of the original Savvy heat treated 4340 tierods that will be a different story. That's where these pictures came from:

View attachment 107016

View attachment 107017

Damn. Those pics are crazy.

I have seen the pics comparing Currie to stock and read what people have said, but until I held the Currie in my hands I didn’t fathom just how beefy it it. Dang!!!!

Since the clamps on the tie rod are indexed due to grooves for bolts, do people have issues hitting the clamps on rocks if they wind up facing down? Kind of odd they can’t be turned to any position.

Since the clamps on the tie rod are indexed due to grooves for bolts, do people have issues hitting the clamps on rocks if they wind up facing down? Kind of odd they can’t be turned to any position.
You should be able to rotate the clamps out of the way.