Does this Jeep do anything for you?

astjp2

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
https://www.racingjunk.com/post/183...edium=email&utm_campaign=RJnewsletter_5_18_19
1979 CJ5 stretched Jeep - $20,000

Fiberglass front fenders, Rockwell straight axel with disc brakes. Rack n pinion steering. New MC,rear brakes. 9” Ford with 5:13 and a spool. New MY Sportsman S/R tires. MT rims. 1964 327 with 12:1 pistons, Crane roller valvetrain. Crane Fireball heads (292 Corvette angle plug heads) , Victor jr. Proform 750 carburetor dp. New MSD distributor and coil( HVC II) . New 10 gallon fuel cell. Hughes racing pg with trans brake. 4000 stall converter. Ballistic blanket.
Many new parts and miscellaneous parts go with it.
This Jeep has been set up to be street legal. It passed Texas state inspection 11-18. Clear title. More pics and video I can email or text.

It it can run under 10 seconds at the drag strip I think it's cool. (assuming not since the roll cage is on the weak side.) If not then it is just meh.

Ehh...not a fan. I get what it's going for, but I just don't think it pulls it off. Then again, I can't say that I've ever seen a Jeep modified in any way that's not for off-roading that I've ever really liked.

Reactions: bedhed and Sam Solo
Rat Fink, Big Daddy Roth, Iron Cross, anybody know the connection so I don't have to Google it for an hour? I feel like I should know the answer but I'll claim youth as an excuse.

No one seemed to have noticed that the front was stretched.
Oh we noticed !!! and it would need to be too with that vette motor in it...leaf springs in the back and no wheelie bars worry me though haha

@mrblaine can fix that...
You might be surprised at what I fix or want to fix. I'm trying to see if this is worthwhile or should I start from scratch, hack it out from under the front of something else, or what.
ifs kit.PNG

Can't quite get my head around whether or not I'm going to have to do a body drop or if I can get it low enough without one.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ