Does this Jeep do anything for you?

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Unfortunately the mustang 2 stuff is a 1974 design, the Panther is so much better and newer, about 25- 30 years newer. That Crown vic stuff actually runs excellent, if you want, you can also run the independent rear in the JK with some frame work. I would narrow the frame and extend the body mounts back out to their stock location. Then just use the crown vic master and your brakes are matched. Their brakes are really stout, think of a 4.5K pound car going from 140 mph to zero quickly. That is the cop car version. The newer ones have vented rotors, parking brake in the hat of the rotor and the brake cables can be fabbed up to a jeep system. Tim
I can't find anything that distinguishes the police interceptor caliper from any other Crown Vic caliper in the front. If that is true, they are dual 48 mm pistons which means the OEM master is the perfect size for the combined square inches of piston area.

Again, if all is correct, the rotor is a 12" diameter which is the same as our 16" Big Brake kit, and the only reference I can find easily shows them to have 1" bore masters, or the same as a TJ.

Not sure why I want IRS? Or to do this to a JK?

I can't find anything that distinguishes the police interceptor caliper from any other Crown Vic caliper in the front. If that is true, they are dual 48 mm pistons which means the OEM master is the perfect size for the combined square inches of piston area.

Again, if all is correct, the rotor is a 12" diameter which is the same as our 16" Big Brake kit, and the only reference I can find easily shows them to have 1" bore masters, or the same as a TJ.

Not sure why I want IRS? Or to do this to a JK?
sorry for some reason I thought you would do this to a JK, not a TJ...that was my bad
Pads are different compound if it a taxi or police with some brands, rear pads are different based on shor or long wheelbase.
BENDIX SBC931 Stop Ceramic; Hardware Included Info

FitsFront; Police Interceptor
OrFront; Base Model; LX Model; LX Sport

MONROE FX931 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} ProSolution; Semi-Metallic; Includes Hardware Kit Info

Front; w/o Taxi Package; w/o Police Package
WAGNER ZX931 QuickStop; Includes Hardware Installation Kit; Semi-Metallic Info

Front; Police Interceptor; OE Semi-Metallic

Rotors varied in diameter based on year, top is an 03, bottom is a 98. The rear rotors, a 98 has a solid rotor, the 03 rear has a vented rotor. I put the 03 fronts in my 68 charger because they are cheap and plentiful and provides way better stopping than what the drums did. That is why I researched this so much. the only bad thing about the 03 is the rotor hat height is not tall so they require a special clearanced wheel to clear the caliper and need a 16" wheel.

https://www.racingjunk.com/post/183...edium=email&utm_campaign=RJnewsletter_5_18_19
1979 CJ5 stretched Jeep - $20,000

View attachment 94680

Fiberglass front fenders, Rockwell straight axel with disc brakes. Rack n pinion steering. New MC,rear brakes. 9” Ford with 5:13 and a spool. New MY Sportsman S/R tires. MT rims. 1964 327 with 12:1 pistons, Crane roller valvetrain. Crane Fireball heads (292 Corvette angle plug heads) , Victor jr. Proform 750 carburetor dp. New MSD distributor and coil( HVC II) . New 10 gallon fuel cell. Hughes racing pg with trans brake. 4000 stall converter. Ballistic blanket.
Many new parts and miscellaneous parts go with it.
This Jeep has been set up to be street legal. It passed Texas state inspection 11-18. Clear title. More pics and video I can email or text.
OK so that is not "a Jeep thing". That is a dragster.... with a few CJ parts.... and a spool.