Does this TJ have a body lift?

goatcaster

Hey guys, looking to purchase this TJ. I think it may have a body lift but I'm not quite sure. If it does, how much do you think it would cost to have a shop take it off? I'm a fan of the suspension lifts but something looks a little off and I feel like it's a body lift.
2942273-1676077554-741680.jpg
2942273-1676077561-341579.jpg

Agree, based on the space from the tub ( or lack of space) and rear bumper as mentioned looks like no.

It is a big lift from the looks of it though, not sure how much.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with a body lift especially in combination with a spring lift. But sure why you would automatically want to pay someone to remove it. The clearance still has to come from somewhere.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with a body lift especially in combination with a spring lift. But sure why you would automatically want to pay someone to remove it. The clearance still has to come from somewhere.

I agree. I wouldn’t be afraid of a small body lift. It’s also hard to tell from the photos If there is one or not. Some bumpers and skid plates provide a position to eliminate the gap a body lift would create.

Can you get some pics from underneath or go look for yourself. Here are some pics showing body lifts for reference.

23D1BE74-5FC7-4950-AE65-3C3B87081EB9.png

A7B45926-03BB-4F62-A1FB-9B5D483FEB0E.png

You can tell that Jeep has some type of long arm kit. Notice the lower control arms go to the front and rear skid plate.
I doubt this is a bolt on kit and probably somewhere in the 8-10" lift. Lots of modifications to get it to that point.
I bet if you can get some more pictures of the components someone more knowledgeable could figure out the brand or if it is totally custom.
The tires alone look to be 35's or even 37's.

Last edited:
That looks like a rubicon express suspension. Radius arm front with a panhad bar, 4 link rear with a panhard bar, full belly dropped skid which serves as the lower control arm mounts. If it’s using RE springs, it’s likely a 5 1/2”, as I believe that was the tallest kit they made. But it looks like it may be higher. Perhaps taller springs or spacers. There does not appear to be a body lift.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Most any mod can be taken off or scaled down. For most folks this is way too much lift. Since you said you would have a shop take off a body lift (which is pretty easy to do for most) I would question whether this is the Jeep for you. What do you want to do with it ? Looks to be in decent shape, but would take some further looking. Miles ? Engine, trans, rears etc etc.

piggy backing on this thread to ask a similar question. I am currently in the process of taking off some old owners suspension and putting higher quality stuff on it. I am going with the 4 inch springs and 1 inch body lift on my Rubicon but I am second guessing myself on the body lift, I just need more eyes and confirmation. Mine doesn’t have a body lift right? The thing that is throwing me off is the frame gap from the tub in the rear wheel wells. Thanks in advance! Happy to take more photos

IMG_1414.jpeg

IMG_1415.jpeg

IMG_1416.jpeg

IMG_1417.jpeg

IMG_1418.jpeg