Does this need an alignment?

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member
How does this work ? Are they running on just the inside of the tire ?? Or am I missing something or maybe I am just too dam old to understand it

wheel1.jpg

IMG_6469.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

That's the look of the car. No alignment is needed because going straight and tire wear is not the concern of the owner. It's all about the look only.

That's the look of the car. No alignment is needed because going straight and tire wear is not the concern of the owner. It's all about the look only.
What he said. It’s called “stanced” Kids, whata ya gonna do? 🤷🏼‍♂️ 😂

Although this is probably for looks very high negative camber angles are used on drift and track cars to even wear on the tires. It works pretty well if you go through a set of tires in an afternoon at the track. The loaded tire is all that really wears and those wear most in turns when the tire becomes effectively level. I don't know if you're serious or just making fun of it, either way this is why it's done. It's kinda the same thing as bead locks, hard to tell if somebody really uses them unless you know the guy or see them on the trail.

It's kinda the same thing as bead locks, hard to tell if somebody really uses them unless you know the guy or see them on the trail.
I disagree on this. You can tell if they’re used/needed by all the gouges or lack of on the wheels. 😉

Reactions: B252 and pagrey
Although this is probably for looks very high negative camber angles are used on drift and track cars to even wear on the tires. It works pretty well if you go through a set of tires in an afternoon at the track. The loaded tire is all that really wears and those wear most in turns when the tire becomes effectively level. I don't know if you're serious or just making fun of it, either way this is why it's done. It's kinda the same thing as bead locks, hard to tell if somebody really uses them unless you know the guy or see them on the trail.

Yeah, that's why the kids do it, imitating the drift cars. It's kinda like the guys who put skyjacker lifts on the Wranglers to imitate the actual off road rigs.

And yeah, they really do drive them that low. You can tell by all the chewed up front bumpers, lol.

[yt]

Some of the cars in there are legit drift setups. They're the ones slammed real low with just a bit of negative camber. Then there's the posers trying to see how bad they can mess up their suspension. The best part is with tires way too narrow for the wheel they lose tire pressure constantly. I've heard of some carrying around a compressor and having to air up every 10 miles or so.

It's... not my thing, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
Stupidity at it's finest. Every once in a while I see one of these rolling down the highway with more negative camber than I ever thought was possible.

I'll bet their tires wear out FAST. All for the purpose of what? Looking cool?

Well, I guess they could make fun of us and our huge tires, but personally these seems more ridiculous to me.

Again, most of these cars sitting with crazy toe in are on airbags dropped when parked. You will see some idiots driving down the street like that but those are the same type of people that throw 35's on a stock Jeep and ignore the fact that they can't turn the wheel. I think those extreme examples look stupid but just like lift, there is a way to lower a vehicle correctly. It may not be your thing but there are some amazing cars in that video posted by @WallyWest. The Porche 911 with a wide body kit is sexy as hell and I bet it's set up to drive the doors off the thing.

I also think you'd be surprised how some of the luxury sports sedan's are setup from the factory. The toe-in camber on my Lexus IS350 F-Sport is so extreme that they put a window sticker on the vehicle at the factory. The stock tires are only rated for 15K. I got a flat from wear at 18k.

Again, most of these cars sitting with crazy toe in are on airbags dropped when parked. You will see some idiots
These vehicles have crazy negative camber. If the camber on your IS changes when you turn the wheel most people call that caster or maybe turn-in camber and not toe-in camber. I don't know how much you care about using the correct terms, heck I make mistakes all the time but you are calling somebody else an idiot, maybe choose your words carefully. I guess I rarely do in these situations so don't take it personally.

These vehicles have crazy negative camber. If the camber on your IS changes when you turn the wheel most people call that caster or maybe turn-in camber and not toe-in camber. I don't know how much you care about using the correct terms, heck I make mistakes all the time but you are calling somebody else an idiot, maybe choose your words carefully. I guess I rarely do in these situations so don't take it personally.

You are correct. I meant caster not camber. Thanks Karen.