Does USPS take Amex for money orders

any one know if USPS takes Amex for money orders?

No. This is taken from USPS' website:

Money orders can be purchased at any Post Office™ location. You can send up to $1,000 to destinations within the United States. Pay for your money order with cash, debit card, or traveler’s checks. There is a small fee for each money order you send

In other words, they'll take debit, but not credit.

I think it has to do with the fact that so many credit cards get stolen, and people probably use those stolen credit cards to buy money orders. I don't know, just a guess. It might also have to do with the higher per transaction charge associated with credit cards vs. debit cards.

Makes sense. Any idea how to send a money order when the only card I have available to use is an Amex? Not sure if there is another way using some other money order. Trying to buy an FAL kit from a guy but he won't take PayPal :(

This is my problem so I don't expect anyone to be obligated to find a solution but if anyone knows a way that'd be awesome!

I wouldn't send a money order to anyone online, period. That's way too sketch in this day and age. I'd tell him to setup a PayPal or get something like a Square reader (which anyone can get and take credit cards easily via email invoice).

I don't think you can get any money order with a credit card. It think you'd have to pull cash out of your credit card and do it that way.

Figured it out I guess. I'm going to buy a visa gift card with Amex then use it for money order. Stupid.

A lot of gun guys won't use PayPal as PayPal is super anti gun. In fact if you put in memomits for gun related thing they decline payment.

Thanks Chris.

This guy im sending it to has his own Gunsmithing company, he's basically the MrBlaine of the FAL forums haha.

Figured it out I guess. I'm going to buy a visa gift card with Amex then use it for money order. Stupid.

A lot of gun guys won't use PayPal as PayPal is super anti gun. In fact if you put in memomits for gun related thing they decline payment.

Thanks Chris.

This guy im sending it to has his own Gunsmithing company, he's basically the MrBlaine of the FAL forums haha.

Ahhh, I always buy stuff from GunBroker, so I just run my card through them. Those guys aren't anti gun, haha.

As long as he's a reputable guy, then no worries.

Reactions: Tj04
Also at issue for the CC is the rewards you get. CC companies loose big when you ....say... by 1K money order and get 2% cash back. You then turn around and pay off the CC before any finance charge and you just made 2% using their money. Now 2% on a grand isn't a lot but buy 10K worth and you are getting into some nice jeep upgrades.

I actually read of a family doing this with an Airline card and racked up a Million miles for free travel.

Reactions: Chris
Also at issue for the CC is the rewards you get. CC companies loose big when you ....say... by 1K money order and get 2% cash back. You then turn around and pay off the CC before any finance charge and you just made 2% using their money. Now 2% on a grand isn't a lot but buy 10K worth and you are getting into some nice jeep upgrades.

I actually read of a family doing this with an Airline card and racked up a Million miles for free travel.
Makes sense. Interesting on the racking up a million miles. Kinda funny. Amex in particular is useless and I despise it. Can't run it as a debit card, can't get cash with it... wtf is the point haha.

Makes sense. Interesting on the racking up a million miles. Kinda funny. Amex in particular is useless and I despise it. Can't run it as a debit card, can't get cash with it... wtf is the point haha.
Yeah I had them for years until I tried to use the points for air travel...turns out that not all flights were available for points booking. Took the trip used the the rest of the points for some junk and canceled it.

Reactions: Chris