Does your Jeep making creaking noises?

Hopper

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Another dumb question. Does yalls lifted Jeeps "creak" when slowly taking off, reversing or crawling over stuff??

I creeked mine once, only issue was how wet my pants got.

images.jpeg

I don't have a lifted jeep and mine does "creek" as i'm going really slow or crawling. I believe that is normal. Hear it even out of the new rigs. A number of things could be causing the creek tho, like brakes or if you piss you pants...

I lost a bunch of my creaks, clunks and groans when I installed the Savvy arms
So did I. Think mine was 99% control arm bushings. I still get some spring noise occasionally. Plan to replace the isolators and maybe add small spacers to get just a bit more lift when I go to 35's. Like 1.25" more lift and a Savvy BL for clearance.

Creaking is commonly caused by the bushings in the control arms. When those bushings creak they either need to be greased, rebuilt, or replaced.

I recently had a creak driving me crazy.... It turned out to be a bad riv nut on the cross member in front of the transmission.

I'm not saying that a vehicle is going to be totally silent... But if you hear noise something has to be moving , and possibly rubbing something it shouldn't ...often if you chase it down you will be glad you did.

You can get them pretty quiet. There are over 40 bushings under a TJ.