Dome light isn't working

Did you check fuse #4 behind the glovebox?

Reactions: Daryl
Did you check for voltage at the dome light? Did you upgrade to LED lamp, if so, try reversing it in the socket. If no voltage, you’ll need to check the wiring harness that runs under the drivers door and then up the roll bar.

I am watching this as well. I replaced the standard bulbs with LED, then after I put in the standard bulb back in, something blew up. I checked the fuse and it looks good ( will replace anyway), but lights don’t work at all, even with the steering wheel switch. Did I possibly blow another fuse somewhere else?

I am watching this as well. I replaced the standard bulbs with LED, then after I put in the standard bulb back in, something blew up. I checked the fuse and it looks good ( will replace anyway), but lights don’t work at all, even with the steering wheel switch. Did I possibly blow another fuse somewhere else?
Found the correct one from another thread - it’s in the fuse box under the hood.

#26 on mine under the hood. Red 10amp

Just checked mine on my 2005 4.0l it was fuse 15 red 50 amp for IOD. (ignition off draw) I pulled it to turn off my dome lights when I pulled my doors before learning fuse 4 in the glovebox works just as well. Might be a different # for a 2000, but should be marked IOD.

Just checked mine on my 2005 4.0l it was fuse 15 red 50 amp for IOD. (ignition off draw) I pulled it to turn off my dome lights when I pulled my doors before learning fuse 4 in the glovebox works just as well. Might be a different # for a 2000, but should be marked IOD.
If interested - this fuse #26 is only if the whole thing blows (no inside lights at all). If just for the doors off, it’s #4 behind the glove box

7E1A5789-72E0-40BD-BB4D-CF32F6E0D414.jpeg

F3526730-D60B-4D16-A1BB-5E993A011AF8.jpeg

Reactions: Cedar128