Done for now - TJ build on a "Budget"

MHR

After about a year and a half, I am declaring my first Jeep build done...for now

I have been driving it since January but there was a list of things left to do and I just crossed the last thing off the list.

Started with a super rusty $900 2000 TJ to play with Well it was dark and cold when I purchased it and I knew it was a project but I quickly realized that it was a death trap that needed to be totally redone or parted out. the frame was so terrible that I could pull large chunks off with my hands. There was no solid floor in the front and the tub mounts were all gone. The tub was basically resting on the rotten frame with hardly anything holding it in place. The rear driveshaft had fallen out because the skid plate had fallen on one side as a result of severe frame rot. Luckily the motor ran well and the rest of the drivetrain seemed ok.

I decided to make a project out of it. I ended out purchasing a replacement frame and replacement tub and rebuilding from scratch.

Since I wanted to keep my budget small the tub I purchased was very solid where it counts but needed quite a bit of work. I also realized as I moved forward that I had purchased a 2003 tub and my old jeep and new frame were a 2000. So there were a few challenges and adaptations along the way but all in all its been a great project and is now a great driver.

31" tires
2: puck lift
upgraded t-case linkage
Mostly stock from there except every joint, tie rod end and rubber bushing was replaced with new. All new brake and fuel lines, all new brakes replacement tank skid and straps etc etc

Here is the finished product. I'm pretty happy with the results.

IMG_7291.jpg

Reactions: Rob5589