Donor tub question

Liberated

TJ Enthusiast
Hi y'all. My apologies if there's already a thread that could answer my question but I've been unable to find it. Maybe I haven't been creative enough with my search.

I'm in the process of looking for a donor tub to do a frame off resto. I want something rust free, but as I'm planning on sanding and raptor lining the entire thing inside and out, color or small dents really don't bother me. I'm looking '03-06, since mine is an 03 and considering I'll be pressing the limits of my time and skills, I'd prefer not to add extra fab work for the pre-03 bodies.

I've found a tub online, through a scrap yard a few hundred miles south of me. The scrap yard claims the tub is undamaged, aside from the visible dent below the right taillight. But this thing has taken a serious front end impact. Looks to me like it was being towed and found a very sudden stop. Or maybe he just found a utility pole or tree. This tub is half the price of anything else I've found, so if it's viable, I'd like to use it.

I know there's always a chance I'll get there and see something that sends me right back home. I'm a bit worried though that it's a waste of time to even drive down to see it. With this kind of damage, I imagine the frame is tweaked pretty horribly.

Anyone with bodywork or collision experience have some input? Would that tweak the torque boxes, or the tub in general? Do you think it's worth checking out?
4115_1966_16_web.jpg
4115_1966_15_web.jpg
4115_1966_10_web.jpg
4115_1966_13_web.jpg
4115_1966_17_web.jpg
4115_1966_20_web.jpg