• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

*DONT BUY A* Hi-Lift jack questions answered

astjp2

TJ Addict
I'm not sure what vehicle it was Thunderhead, but it was an automatic I know for sure and it was in the late 70s when it happened. Turn the key on, but the transmission in to gear and started pushing it.....got it up to a pretty good speed, may 35, 40 or so and it started. That's all I know, couldn't tell you what kind of car or transmission, but it started and off he went. Wish I could be more help.
Late 50's very early 60's mopar automatics had a rear pump and could be push started, not since about 1963 for mopar. Tim

Reactions: DuncLJ

DuncLJ

TJ Enthusiast
Late 50's very early 60's mopar automatics had a rear pump and could be push started, not since about 1963 for mopar. Tim
Useless Trivia:
The last American automobile with a rear pump in the transmission was the 1969 Chevrolet Corvair with a Powerglide automatic.

astjp2

TJ Addict
Most people also dont know that they originally used those to dig up grubs...before it was used in fire fighting...

pcoplin

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
We call the other end an Adze. Like what's on a Halligan. A grub hoe is wider.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk