*DONT BUY A* Hi-Lift jack questions answered

Amazing transference, from Hi Lift jack to push/roll starting an automatic Trans to Pulaski’s. I have owned and used HiLift jacks and like any special tool you most know how to use it and it’s limitations and quirks. Here in Alaska I have and continue to use both, my HiLift and my Pulaski.
Just like any tool, read and understand the directions. Adhear to those directions religiously and possible accidents are reduced tremendously. I have used hi lift jacks in many extreme circumstance and have never come close to having a problem. Safety is number 1 in all tool use.

The same rules apply on the trail as in the shop. You are the squishiest thing there, remember that every thing you are working on or with can do you harm and must be respected. PPE should be worn, procedures followed, distractions minimized, most of all maintain a healthy mild fear of your tools. If you do that it'll be fine.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'
I usually trail with others that carry the hi-lifts so my thought they have one if needed. I have upgraded to a bigger bottle jack with a wider base than the OE factory jack. We are usually loaded head to remote camp spots ( just wife and I) and thought is the extra lift for the extra weight I carry.

I use mine once in a while for removing fence posts etc. Got popped in the chin about 45 years ago with one so I know how dangerous they can be. Made a quick mount for the tj because it still comes in handy.

I carry a bottle jack and a hi-lift. For all the quirks and potential dangers if used carelessly, they can be irreplaceable in some odd situations where you need to use it as a winch, spreader, clamp, etc...

Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'
I carry a Hi-Lift in my Jeep. It’s securely mounted, inside, out of the way, and the mechanism protected from the elements. I feel very confident that I know how to use it, in fact I was trained on its many uses like vehicle extrication, heavy rescue, forcible entry, and I find it useful at home and on the trail. They’re not for everybody, if you get one learn to respect it and if you don’t I can respect that too. I trained with SacMetroFire, Roseville Fire, Sunnyvale Police and Fire and I used to train the El Dorado County Firefighters Academy and the Georgetown Fire Dept. Guns aren’t for everyone either.

I carry a Hi-Lift in my Jeep. It’s securely mounted, inside, out of the way, and the mechanism protected from the elements. I feel very confident that I know how to use it, in fact I was trained on its many uses like vehicle extrication, heavy rescue, forcible entry, and I find it useful at home and on the trail. They’re not for everybody, if you get one learn to respect it and if you don’t I can respect that too. I trained with SacMetroFire, Roseville Fire, Sunnyvale Police and Fire and I used to train the El Dorado County Firefighters Academy and the Georgetown Fire Dept. Guns aren’t for everyone either. View attachment 75840
Well said.....I have carried one in a Jeep since 1976, and it has come in handy several times, and I'm glad I had it with me.
I guess some anti Hi-lifters are like anti hunters they don't know anything about it, but saw on the internet or a YouTube that it was bad.
A lot of equipment and tools can be dangerous. Educate yourself on how to use them.