Don't Flat Tow in 4 Low!

Pretty believable results for sure, it pays to read your Owner's Manual.

This applies to YJs, TJs, JKs, and JL's so be careful out there!

I'd be curious how much went through the tub floor into the cab? This rates up there with really, really, really stupid!

The drag on the tow vehicle should have been the first clue something was wrong. I hope insurance does not cover it.

Somewhat on topic, but I was talking to a buddy the other day about towing Jeeps. Is it true that you CANNOT put a Jeep on a tow dolly? He said all four wheels need to be on the ground or you have to disconnect the front driveshaft. But if the transfer case is in Neutral, why would this matter? Haven't done much research, but does anyone have insight? I typically flat tow mine but it got me thinking about if I ever had to rescue a Jeep, if a tow dolly would work. Thanks.

Reactions: TJTJ04
Came across this video yesterday, aftermath of flat towing 2021 Jeep. Catastrophic outcome! Although, not relevant to Jeep tj, it’s interesting

I’m not too adept at copy and paste, so if link does not work. Got to YouTube and search “2021 Jeep destroyed. How!?” It’s great!

Forgot the specifics! Flat towing with automatic in park and 4wd in low. The article claims that at 55 mph, they calculated 50,000 rpm. The factory redline is 6600 rpm. Holy shit!

How could anyone be so stupid to pull a stunt like this? And then look someone in the face and ask for an estimate. Would an insurance company consider paying for this?