Don't read this if the eff word bothers you...

I lived in So Cal until I was 15. Was a Chargers fan until a year ago. I couldn't deal with their messed up organization and the lack of urgency toward building a great team any longer. All they do is trade away players that go elsewhere and excel. I tossed all my gear in the garbage. My wife was like, WTF are you doing?? Now I am just a fan of football, not any team.

Probably no one. I'm not even going to watch the Superbowl this year, my wife and I now plan to go to Disneyland that day... the slowest Sunday of the year there.

I always watch and throw a party for the SB. Well, I usually drink too much and try to catch a few plays is more like it :D

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Probably no one. I'm not even going to watch the Superbowl this year, my wife and I now plan to go to Disneyland that day... the slowest Sunday of the year there.

Great minds think alike! That's EXACTLY what I would be doing it I was in California. That or Knottsberry Farms.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a hotel tax thingie that was an option to fund a new stadium in SD and the people did not vote for it? I remember reading something abt this a while back.

Great minds think alike! That's EXACTLY what I would be doing it I was in California. That or Knottsberry Farms.
It has been probably 10+ years since I have been to Disneyland, a place I love and worked at as a teenager. What was recently fun was a trip to Knott's Berry Farm, it had probably been nearly 25 years since my last visit there. They were giving free admissions to all veterans with a guest until 12/31 so it was very cool to get in for free. I noticed while entering the usual cost of admission is now up to $75. Wow. :eek:

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
It has been probably 10+ years since I have been to Disneyland, a place I love and worked at as a teenager. What was recently fun was a trip to Knott's Berry Farm, it had probably been nearly 25 years since my last visit there. They were giving free admissions to all veterans with a guest until 12/31 so it was very cool to get in for free. I noticed while entering the usual cost of admission is now up to $75. Wow. :eek:

$75!? Holy cow!!

When I last went to Knotts Berry Farms I was 21. We went there late January on a Tuesday during school hours. We got there right when it opened, and I don't know how we lucked out, but the entire day there was MAYBE 40 people in the entire park.

I remember us not once waiting in a single line. We went on the big roller coasters over, and over, and over again. What a hoot that was! It was almost like having the entire park to ourself.

But man, $75... That means I'd spend $300 just for our family, for one day!

You think $75 is expensive? Not even close to what Disneyland charges now. Their cost of admission is now up to $105. What bugs me about Disneyland is they never offer special pricing to any groups, no discounts to anyone at all any more. Frigging highway robbery, they're just gouging their customers now. I wouldn't pay that normally but it's been many years since I've been there and you just never know about the future. :)

You think $75 is expensive? Not even close to what Disneyland charges now. Their cost of admission is now up to $105. What bugs me about Disneyland is they never offer special pricing to any groups, no discounts to anyone at all any more. Frigging highway robbery, they're just gouging their customers now. I wouldn't pay that normally but it's been many years since I've been there and you just never know about the future. :)

You'd think they'd at least offer military discounts or something!

My wife and I were talking about this recently. We agreed that Disney is one of those things that you do once every decade or something. Most normal people (myself included) can't be forking out $500 or so for admission every year. Not including the airfare, hotel, food, etc.

It's gotten to the point where it's kind of like a rich mans theme park now.

I can't remember the last time I was at Knotts, at least 35 years. My mom liked it because of the mellow (lame :D) rides and the chicken restaurant. We have been to DL as recently as a year and half ago. It is spendy no doubt but the kids, big and small, have a great time. Discounts are tough to come by. We get them through Golden 1 credit union. Not much but every little bit helps.

We are going to Disney World this year. 10 days worth of Mouse craziness. :D

Ahhh... the 70's. Sealand, Universal studios, Disneyland, Knotts, San Diego Zoo - all fairly cheap and barely any lines (depending on the day of the week). Back when downtown San Diego was hookers, bars, and tattoo parlors. A sailors paradise. Take in a flick... hey, what's that guy doing two rows down... ewwwww...

Reactions: Chris
I was never a Chargers fan but still vividly remember Dan fouts and Chuck muncie.
I'm an avid sports fan but boy have things changed, money being the culprit.
Well you still have Padres for now and a great climate. Lol

We are going to Disney World this year. 10 days worth of Mouse craziness. :D

I remember spending 10 days in Disney World when I was 18. What a blast that was! We also went to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon!

That's probably a $10,000 vacation (at minimum) these days.

I've been following the Chargers debacle a bit.
I quit the NFL years ago, mostly because of that kind of stuff. The greed of all involved eventually took the fun out of it for me.

I recommend peewee and high school football. A lot more fun to watch and cheaper.

At least until the social crusaders manage to have football (and eventually all of the contact sports) outlawed. Because everyone has to be safe, you know.

I stopped watching football after I moved to the east coast so I haven't really been following the move...did they decide to share the new stadium that's supposed to be built in Carson?.. Lol I used to live up the street(in Torrance) Lol and personally I was excited about it..being I was a chargers fan living in LA

Reactions: Chris